1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which car is best one for first time owner with less driving skills?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by testdrive, May 4, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Get quote from all the dealers. My recommended dealer is "Concorde, Guindy". For loan, go with SBI.

I had spend Rs. 6080 till 15,000 kms for my Linea MJD. The maintenance cost works out to roughly 40 Paise per Km for my Linea. Our fellow member Sathya_sc did a minor dent/paint work for his Linea which costed him Rs. 1200 at the TAFE. Had it been VW/Skoda, it would not have been less than 4k.
  2. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Hi, I just had a discussion with SE @ TAFE, Pallikarani
    On Road Dynamic 1.3 740000/736000 (Premium/red &white) shades . May be final price will be 726000/- I am planning to go with SBI for loan. And they stated like, I am paying 47-50% of amount from my take home for home loan and I can be eligible for 2 lac loan amount(for SBI). This is not suitable for my requirement since I am looking for 85% of loan. And they stated like axis bank also having same scheme like no charges for part/repayment before loan period. They said they will call me back again to confirm with more details. i will keep you posted, if I get any other details.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Did you get quote from Concorde and VST? My order of preference to buy a Fiat in Chennai is,
    Concorde, Guindy
    VST, Anna Salai
    TAFE

If you have decided to deal with TAFE, be careful in dealing with them.
  4. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    As I mention in my earlier post, I had a discussion with VST over phone. And they stated like 7lac can be possible. But Concorde have to check. Due to my some other personal commitments, I am unable to get this done. </SPAN>
    Sure I will make a note about TAFE, Thanks for your info,. Even i am not that much happy/impressed with showroom.
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    That point is the reason why you should not buy a diesel car. What's the point of paying so much of premium when you are going to take that much longer to recover the higher money you put into a diesel car? Besides, slowly diesel prices will be de-regulated resulting in the current un-sustainable price differential between petrol and diesel reducing. This will ultimately mean that you will take still longer to re-cover the additional money you paid for a diesel car.

People could argue that the higher outlay for diesel wouldn't matter since you are going to keep the car for 10 years but let me tell you this is easier said then done. Economy will improve so will your financial status, cars will increasingly become products you want to buy rather then products that you have to buy. Please do consider this point also.

I feel it's better to stick to a petrol car keeping your monthly running and other points above into consideration. From the list of petrol cars you have above, I see you haven't considered the Nissan Micra. Please take a serious look at this under-rated but brillaint little city car. It is a good choice for a first time car buyer as well.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    +1 Nissan micra has almost zero turbo lag. Ideal for city drive(only city drive).
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sun is right. Micra/Figo/Beat are good for only City drive. GP is good for both.
  8. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Amit. All your points are valid.

Hi all, I think again I am going to end up with sleepless night Petrol/diesel. Could you all help me to finalize petrol or diesel as per my requirement, since this is my first car. I have decided to keep my car for 10 long years, since after 3 or 4 years my usage will be increase and also increasing petrol cost. That’s why I have decided to go with diesel. i can ready to remove that point (keep my car for 10 long years) from my mind/list, if valid
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Go for diesel/Petrol (anything) but don't look anything beyond Punto. Every-car has 4 tires with a steering with sitting arrangements for people. I don't understand what is a city, village, jungle, roof, bed room or bathroom car but IMO FIAT Punto is only proper car in India in which a family can feel Safe/secured/sound/comfortable/happy/enjoy & what not. No matter what aspect you talk about & most important of them all, it's safety/security foray. Mind it, Big loaded Lorries were found with 10 tonne loads on FIAT's cars but their cabin didn't collapse & families came out without a scratch. Do you know what level of endurance/rigidity it reflects of "B Segment cars"?

Where safety & built is a league of it's own, Other superior aspects of FIAT's are just an added advantage which i don't want to mention again. Punto is almost a decade ahead of ordinary stuff in the other aspects too:mrgreen:. If nothing else, i would suggest you to keep your family safe & secured when you are traveling on such nonsensical & dangerous highways of India. Your family's safety & security is your liability. I wouldn't ever recommend any Chinese stuff, it's up0to the listener to what extent he agrees.

Rest is absolutely junk & crap. A few are lesser while other few are more. I hope you sense the compassion & concern in my post. I feel really bad when i see kids & family traveling in tin boxes. I have been voicing against all the Chinese stuff right from the day 1 (everything from East Asian is CHINESE) & continue to do so, it's up-to reader if he takes it or leave it.
    2 people like this.
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    If you have decided to go for a diesel car then go for it. And if it's the Punto you have picked then don't worry anymore. It is a good car and will keep you happy. Also, ultimately, you have to be happy with your decision, as much as we weigh all the pro & cons of buying cars, ultimately, the decision comes down to which car gives you the most happiness.

Between the two cars you have shortlisted, the Punto is far far superior to the Beat in every way. It is in fact from a higher segment, Beat is more of a day to-day hatchback while Punto is in the premium hatchback category.

From the points listed above, the Beat is better when you have lack of parking but the Punto is better when you want safety. I am not sure if the Dynamic has ABS but I feel it's better to stretch to a ABS & Airbag variant specially since you plan to keep the car for a long time.