1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which car is best one for first time owner with less driving skills?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by testdrive, May 4, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thread owner,
    Home ministers and chief ministers are easily impressed with gifts ::D
    What i sugest is go for 90 hp mjd.
    Im misng those 15 horses.
    Man,u test drive the car back to back.i20 then punto,i10 then punto,beat then punto.etc etc etc.
    Ur safe in punto than cheap metal and fibre cars.
    On highways u r on in ful control of the vehicle,at 140 kmph as well u can save small puppy with nice breakng.
    You can easily handle the 2 wheelers alng the roadside.
    You wl nt feel stress for long journeys.
    At any point of tym of ur persnl work u wl b divertd by punto for its long drive.
    Have u ever seen the punto BNW in hyundai or tata crowd.
    Trust me u wl love drivng than takng care of its exterior,trust me here only hme ministers comes into picture for the money spent :)

When u go to shwrum jst stare at it frm the headlights diagonaly u wl fall in love. Im talkng abt punto here ::D
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

What sort of English you are trying to invent Ganges?
    Pls post your personal dictionary too along with your post.
    A few words still to be deciphered::OO

Indo-European
    Germanic
    West Germanic
    Anglo–Frisian
    Anglic
    English
    Ganges English (henceforth:dancing)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    Ur rite ,im also unble 2 undrstnd.
    I shld stp brwsng frm mubile :D hope ths undrstd
  4. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Hi @testdrive,

The cars you are comparing are from different segments. If directly compared, Punto with 7 lac tag clearly wins as compared to Beat with 6.7 lac. Punto is way ahead in terms of build quality, ride & handling, looks, features etc. Compare all these when you go for test drive and you will know.

Dont worry about learning in a new car. If you bang a Punto to a street pole, believe me it will cost less than a Beat hitting the same pole (considering Punto's solid built). Only drawback of learning on Punto is that you will not like any other car (unless it is Audi, BMW etc). You will feel all others are sheets of metal with 4 tyres.

No matter whatever requirements anyone has, I think safety should be the first requirement (specially in India, where accidents are so common). After I bought Punto, now I understand what a strong car feels like. I doubt even Toyota's quality now.

If you think of Petrol, then go for Alto. Better value for money and better dynamics than other sheets of metal you mentioned.
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  5. I got Punto as my first car... I gained driving confidence only after driving my Punto for day to day office commute...

Don't worry about dents and scratches happen during initial period. Cost you spend to rectify them will mostly be less than the lose happen by selling and getting a better car later.

At any case, test drive and buy the car which you like... At end of day, a car which can keep you happy is the best car for you...
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    90 Hp is my first car and the day I took delivery, I had only driven a car 9 times at the driving school.
    Having said that, if you're stretching too thin for it; any MJD you can afford will still be better than any other brand. GP Dynamic should do the trick for you. You will miss the 15 horses on highways once in a while but then remember not to go overboard with your budget. At one point, I was even considering the MJD Active. they are all good cars.
  7. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Safety of family (and as you have mentioned about your baby), would any day top the list of priorities while choosing a car, if you ask me. Punto is a strongly built car with very good safety features, as we have read it so many times. I am not sure how the Beat fares here.
    Won't mention the driving characteristics of the GP, others have already done that.
    Your driving skills are only going to get better as you learn/drive more. So why not the GP, coz you anyways plan to own one sooner or later. For the initial period when you are going to learn, you may want to plan the sessions properly; based on the traffic conditions. hope that wasnt too much of an advice and hope it helps!
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The thread question has only one answer and judging is easy. But if we ask, which cars to be avoided even after learning a-z of driving skills will be challenge for judges. There will be a long list of contestants. They should not do injustice to all eligible candidates.:)
  9. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Maintenance cost

Hi Team,
    Thanks for everyone’s reply/suggestions. I am trying to get the price quote with loan EMI from TAFE, VST and Concorde. I will post those details soon. In between shall we discuss on maintenance cost. Is it different for each location? If yes, I am looking for Chennai people’s input, others also can give their feedback/input. Consider I am not going to use my car much for first 2 years. Usage will be more or less like petrol car (less than 1000KM per month)
    what is average Maintenance cost / each service and it's interval?
    What is the cost for small dents and scratch work also for major?
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Mine is about 2 months old in a week and I have only done some 1800 KM.
    No service cost so far. I went in to remove some dents and touchs ups but they would like to paint the whole section, the rear in this case. So, denting/painting/touch ups seem expensive. I have been advised to stick to TAFE for all services though I purchased from VST.