1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which car is best one for first time owner with less driving skills?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by testdrive, May 4, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

There is nothing like "car for learners". I would say you would be damn lucky to own a FIAT even if you are in learning phase. Best metaphor i can think of is "way to heaven passes through hell". With FIATs, your driving basics will be so evolved, solid & composed that nothing else would ever suffice in future. You would set such high standards for the 2nd car that you may hardly find a replacement, till you decide to really dent your pocket. I mean "an Audi or BMW" for next level of evolution. Now you are learning to drive because it is an implication for commutation, with FIAT, it will become PASSION:cool.

It's up-to you, if you want to experience hell first & realize what heaven is all about or start from heaven itself:p. Experience it to understand it. Words won't help you much here.
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Beat LT Chenni Onroad 620474.00/- (no discounts)</SPAN>
    Beat LT(O) Chenni Onroad 675406.00/- (no discounts)</SPAN>
    Punto Dynamic 1.3 from Onroad Chennai 7.41 after discount 7 lac (from VST)
  3. sungoa2010

You will become a very good driver in Punto. I will bet it. I haven't learn in Punto. But Punto has improved my driving skills. MJD will be good both in city and highway.
    There is plenty of torque and it will be very easy to overtake. Overtaking will be a problem if the car doesn't have enough torque. What I like most is the precision of steering.
    Assume that you are a student. Do you prefer to go to a excellent teacher or a average teacher?I think you got my point.:D
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I would recommend you get a quote from Tafe and Concorde as well. Who is your SE in VST?
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear thread owner,
    Blindly go for Fiat grande punto MJD Emtion Pack 90 hp.
    please dnt cmpare fiat with cheap brands ;) .
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Dear Testdrive, you should testdrive a 90 HP too:mrgreen:
    Ganges made a valid point actually. You may have to stretch your budget a bit but it's hell of a car.
    The extra money paid would be worth for features & additional power you will get, mind you.
    Include that in your list too, i would suggest.
  7. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Sure, I will get quote from them. And i got this price over phone discussion, SE name is Linesh. do you aware about any good service center near by Pallikarani?

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Thanks ENKI and Ganges , I have stretched lot from 4lac budget to this level. No more stretch or else I will get stitches on my face (Home ministry) LOL !!! I can’t stretch this more than this budget. Since this a addition loan with my existing home loan :sadblue.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

you gotta give it a try;), trust me you won't regret.
  9. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Four of my office colleagues, who didnt had any prior experiece with driving opted for punto directly and ofcourse got inspried by my punto :) . Now they are all driving well.
    Funny thing was one guy was going to driving classes when he got the car.

So IMO there is no suching thing called "Learning Driving Car" as Ramjin mentioned in his post.

In my case first I bought Alto for the reason to get expertise, but within 2-3 months I starting longing for more powerfull car. So Punto will be right choice.

10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Here is what I'm going to say.
    If you're a first time driver then there is a very good chance you will ruin you're gearbox and clutch far too soon than seasoned drivers.
    Having said that, Punto/ linea is like a once in a lifetime product.
    I'm not saying this because of TFI or because I own one.

My reasons..
    1.) Where will you find a sub 10L car with such good build quality? (If you need to feel safe in any other car you would have to at least spend 18-20L)
    2.) Where will you find a sub 10L car that handles this well?
    3.) MJDs are amongst the most widely used engines in the world, Do a bit of research and you will know how many Brands use this engine from FIAT.
    This speaks volumes about FIATs engine design, where will you get such an impeccable engine to keep you happy.
    4.) Its rated as the best looking hatchback in India today. Where can you find a car that is so beautifully designed for such a price.
    ( Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I agree but when majority of the countrymen agree to this fact I dont think they can be wrong)

So I think the pluses easily outweigh you're minuses and I think its better you buy a punto.
    Go with the punto, Whatever you may end up spoiling can easily be fixed But the pride of owning GOLD on wheels is something totally different.