1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which Car Did You Learn To Drive In?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    My first attempt at driving was in a Maruti Omni. Later fine tuned in a driving school M800 in 2002 :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  2. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I started learning in Hyundai Santro which i had for more than 9 years and then sold it , currently having Tjet clocked 20 K +
  3. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I learned driving in Matiz, In fact 3 different Matiz :)

My Friend had a Matiz SS, and my cousin had Matiz SD. I used to chance my hand at both the Matiz, by telling that I knew Driving and have driven the other Person's Matiz :p.
    This would give them confidence that I could handle their car. and would let me drive. This continued for for 6-7 times. and then I Got myself a used Matiz SG in 2007 in which I perfected my drviing skills.

Cheers
    Sujit
  4. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    I learned driving in a driving school's Santro. Drove that for just 80 Kms before buying a used Punto. So i can say i learnt driving in my Punto :)
  5. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I learned in a 1960 model FIAT Premier Padmini.....:D with steering mounted gear shift.

Later I took the same car on a long drive from Cochin to Guruvayoor on a rainy day... On the way back, it was showing problems in braking :eek:, still I managed to reach home safely.. it was a great learning experiance
    1 person likes this.
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    M800 from driving school. My 1st car was a used swift petrol.
  7. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well i tried my Hand on AMBY first only couple of kilometer , I was young was scared that time. However opened my Hand on M800. Letter i owned it for 9 years, Now owns a GP MJD.
  8. albyspunto

albyspunto Timido

kochi
    MARUTHI 800
  9. Maruti 800, i brought it with out knowing how to drive, initially my dad drove it around, later one of my friend taught me the first lesson.
    I used only drive in the night for the fear of car stalling in midst of traffic!! but bangalore dis not have so many taxis playing on the road in 98-99. Later brought a Zen in 2003 and Wagon R in 2006. So Punto is my fourth car.
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Initially it was on a Willys Jeep. Then a Mahindra (don't remember the model) then MM540 (That's why I like Mahindra Thar very much).
    This was during my school days, I had to stand on the clutch and brake to operate it and use truck style driving to steer. These were my dad's department vehicles. :p
    Also had the luxury of practicing on a white amby with red beacon; freedom from police checking. :cool:
    Went to a driving school there they had a Mark 3 Ambassador and a Trekker. Trekker is a wonderful vehicle very easy to control and learn.
    We had a Premier Padmini at that time, however my elder brother never allowed me to drive that. :(

Rajeev