1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Which Car Did You Learn To Drive In?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    well in ma case its NE118 & tata indigo(tin dabba!!)...:D
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Just finished my driving classes two weeks ago in a Maruti 800. Tried a little bit in Santro also but felt M800 is better to learn.
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I learnt on the Fiat millicento. If I remember correctly, it had not yet become the Premier Padmini. I think it was in 1966!

Regards
    Johnny
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1968 model Premier Padmini, I got hold of the steering balance in it. Then came a 1982 model Ambassador Mark II into our family on which I started to really stand on top of the brakes and accels.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Nice Thread !!

I learnt driving in-house in Willis Jeep ! I think it was in 1987-88
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    i knew bit of driving since childhood as dad used to have MM-Jeep and driver used to make me handle the steering by aking me sit on his lap on long journey's when i was as young as 4 years old... on and off i used to drive on highways... once in 7th Std, my friend's Fiat Padmini was taken out and I had the 1st chance to drive it in a ground... for 10-20 meters and was asked to go back to passenger seat as I couldnt drive it propoerly... Professionally i learnt from Jai Ambe Driving school in Jaipur... in a run down M-800 with Gas fitting... that used to stop in every other corner of the road.. it was fun driving it... realtime driving in my own Swift...hitting few bystanders initially...
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It was my Dads Premier Padmini 1978 model
  8. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

In my case it was M800.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    It was a Santro in the training school..but dint learn properly in the school...perfect driving learnt in my Linea :)
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Interestingly, I bought a brand new indica DLS without knowing to drive (2001) ... Then joined a driving school and liked a red santro that they used to give me during the course. That santro qualifies as my first car I learned to drive in !

@Aaron - with 5000km on the ODO , you are not taking your driving lessons well with the linea baby :p

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011