1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Whether glowplug covered in extended warranty

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nishweth, Sep 16, 2013.

1. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Hai in my 2010 september linea mjd the check glow plug message is coming. When I showed it to dealer they told it is not covered in extended warranty. Please clarify?
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Don't you have an extended warranty manual?

AFAIK, it is covered.
  3. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    No I dnt have extended warranty manual

- - - Merged Post - - -

Also my steering wheel leather has started peeling off, can I claim this in extended warranty.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

No, you cannot. :)
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Glow plug is covered under extended warranty. Recently, we serviced a Linea at Ramkay, Chennai and they promptly replaced the Glow Plug under extended warranty.
  6. Sathish_UPS

Sathish_UPS Novizio

Bangalore
    Both Glow Plug & Glow plug Timer are covered under extended warranty. Even I got "Check Glow Plug" warning, when I checked with FASS they said glow plug timer is kaput & was not ready to cover in extended warranty. After showing the booklet, they accepted & changed the same under extended warranty.
    2 people like this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Can EW on components like glow plug be rejected due to delays in service?
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not sure how they process this claim. For us the Service centre didn't even ask the extended warranty certificate. They themself processed and cleared.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    They seldom ask for it as they have EW data stored in their system.
  10. Sathish_UPS

Sathish_UPS Novizio

Bangalore
    They may reject it due to delay in service.

@ KHT when my Glow Plug Timer gone kaput, they accepted to replace in extended warranty after I shown them the extended warranty manual.

But the next thing that SA did was that he checked my service history & told that I didn't do my 3rd service on time, extended warranty can not be claimed. Then I asked them to re-check as I did it on time. After rechecking they accepted & changed under extended warranty.