1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Where in Cochin can I get Punto 90 ICEd ?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by rahulmr, Dec 8, 2011.

1. HI All,

I am new to this TFI.I was going through the ICE section as I really need to change the current ICE setup.
    No need to change the HU as I need to have the steering controls in use :( and the Blue & Me works perfectly with my phone.
    So doesn't want to get rid of that also .

I got a fair idea of what type of speakers needs to be fitted front as well as rear and about the damping.

Need to have a good set of comp for front and co-axial for the rear.. as of now no plans for the amp .

I have seen many discussing about the setup getting done from different dealers but none from cochin...

Is there anyone who has ICEd the Emotion plus anywhere in cochin ???I need to get the mentioned setup done from anywhere in cochin in a reasonable price .
    How much it would cost for the speakers , damping including the labour charge ?

If budget permits I can for an AMP with sub also :) can anyone from cochin help me in this ?
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

There is Galaxy (Opp to modern bread, mamangalam) and Emperor car essentials (on the highway, almost opposite to Ernakulam Medical Center). I have heard Emperor is the best place for SQ installs, and the guy Zuhemi is well known for his tuning skills.

If you want rock bottom price, go to Veilside car modifications, puthiya road, palarivottom. I got my Vista ICEd from there - I had procured all the components and they did the installation, and IIRC, the charge was just 200 rs. The work was reasonably good. It h sbeen 2+ years now, and at that time, all the accessories were very well priced there.

About the price, it is always better to fix a budget and start hunting the stuff. Once the ICE bug bites you, you are prone to go over your budget. There are many causalities in this forum who will voice for it :mrgreen:
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  3. Got my speakers changed

:D:DFinally I got my punto with front and rear speakers changed from galaxy ,Cochin.
    I changed the front speakers to auditor rip 165s compos and the rear to auditor rip 165c coaxial and damping was also there.. It costed me a total of 13900 including the labour charges..the compos were around 6k and the coaxial were around 3.4 k, then damping 1200 per door....I am not sure I had a nice deal ...but the changes were really worthy..I really liked the sound after ...it was really super and I don't think there is really a need of amp or sub now ...it gives a clear sound and the bass also was upto the mark...I do recommend everyone that th Hu is enough powerful to drive these speakers and will make,them really a good showpiece..it really sounded well....now it's that of a good stock music system that you will see in other cars like jazz or swift...I found it better than these....thanks everyone for the input and it seems auditor speakers are well ahead of a few other brands in terms of clarity and the quality..it's my opinion though :)

:D:D
    Thanks everyone
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey i m also having the same set up in my punto !! with jbl head unit . really loved the set up coz it has the right balance, not much bass inside the cabin for a headache.. its more suited for soft melodies , etc rather than heavy rock/ hip hop style. but according to the installer, these speakers doesnt really perform in its stock form, ie, without amplifier. may be i ll have to see how it is , with the amp.
    In june, it was 5k for compos and 3k for co axs... !!
  5. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    you got the setup dne from jerry right?
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yes!! got it done from jerry only... looked at mtx, auditor, hertz and finally settled for auditor , for my type of genre..
  7. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    have u done damping?hwz the bass level with auditor speakers?
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    didnt do damping. Bass is medium, not that much 'idi' to cause headache ,like in jbl , etc.
    1 person likes this.
  9. mat

mat

Bangalore
    How many doors you have damped, the total cost doesn't match for 4doors
  10. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    one of ma frnd has done damping in his lineas front doors,total cost of damping 12000Rs(6000 per door),for the morel dotec ovasion component speakers.The total destruction done was 85k.;)..Output from the 2 speakers is awesome.Great product and nice installation by the dealer(jerrys performance).