1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Where can I repair my BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier???

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by ashuxp, May 4, 2011.

  1. ashuxp

    ashuxp

    Messages:
    2
    Ghaziabad
    Hi Friends,
    Yesterday while driving I smell a burning plastic within my Punto and my player stopped working, I checked and the smell was from my BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier installed at the backseat.:(
    I live in Shipra Sun City.
    Can anybody tell me where to repair it in Ghaziabad, Noida or Delhi.

    Or if possible, how to check it at home?

    Regards,
    Ashu
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
  2. Viny

    Viny Esperto

    Messages:
    1,742
    :)
    Woa... that's bad to hear, was it purchased with bill and warranty?

    I don't think blaupunkt has any authorised service center.

    Kindly share more details about your installation and what were you doing when you got that burning smell?
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

    vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

    Messages:
    1,352
    Panchkula
    Sad to hear about your amp burning off.
    First of all check the wiring and fuse.(It's highly possible burning smell was from wiring)
    Is your HU working fine. If not check fuse in the dashboard.
    Was your amp connected using separate power cable or through PnP power cable
    Contact the official importer of Blaupunkt they might help you
    LMC Enterprises Private Limited
    3440 Nicholson Road, Delhi 110006, India

    Phone
    (+91) 11 65387738, 45535623
    Fax
    (+91) 11 45065750

    blaupunkt@lmcent.com
    www.lmcent.com

    Also contact Blaupunkt on their email info@blaupunkt.com

    OT:- Is there some problem with THA 555 PnP amplifier. This is the third time I have heard about this amp not working (I Hope mine doesn't blow up like this)
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  4. nkapoor777

    nkapoor777 Regolare

    Messages:
    467
    New Delhi
    @ahuxp: Can you share more details on the installation? Maybe we could point out what went wrong and people can be wary of doing the same in future. Who was the installer? Viny has shared Delhi dealer's details but I'm not too optimistic he will be able to help you. Since this is not sold officially in India, I'm not sure where you could get the support.
  5. ashuxp

    ashuxp

    Messages:
    2
    Ghaziabad
    First of all thanks to you all for prompt reply.:)

    Well I was enjoying the sound clarity through this amplifier since last 8-9 months. It was working good.
    I got it installed from Driven, EOK.
    I smell the burning while I was listening songs while driving, I didn't checked it thoroughly whether it is wire or amplifier.
    Please tell me the process to check if anybody knows.:A

    And yes, my head unit is working fine, suddenly the song stopped playing and I heard the smell after that. Now I have plugged off the power cable and waiting for some details of how to repair or get it checked.

    Appreciate your feedback.

    Regards,
    Ashu
  6. Viny

    Viny Esperto

    Messages:
    1,742
    :)
    You heard the smell? You mean you heard something and then smell started.
    And also now that you have removed the power from your Amps, how is your HU playing songs? Did you unplugged the PNP or speaker cables?
    Kindly share further details about your installation.

    First thing that you could do is checking the 40Amp Orange color fuse in your AMP.
    Pull it out and see if there is a complete connection between the two ends inside the orange plastic.



    -
    f0M7w.jpg
  7. nkapoor777

    nkapoor777 Regolare

    Messages:
    467
    New Delhi
    @Ashu: Gives me jitters man! I'm looking at Driven to instal mine once the Rainbow comps arrive with in 4-5 days. I guess I'll speak with you to figure out how exactly the connections were made especially the power cable.
  8. Viny

    Viny Esperto

    Messages:
    1,742
    :)
    Not to scare you, but i have seen one more bad installation done by Driven, story is shared on Teambhp
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  9. guys then get the proper work done asap.
    who knows what might happen to our beauties...
  10. vivek_lko

    vivek_lko Amatore

    Messages:
    237
    Noida
    @ashuxp , were you able to get the Ampli repaired ? Did Driven give you any warranty on it ?Was it without bill? I too got my ICE done around 3 months back.

    I too have a simlar experience with Driven and my Ampli has gone out of order . You can have more details on Page 27 of the Johnys thread "ICE considerations" at the following link http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?1455-ICE-Considerations/page27. There please follow my name to see the happenings.
    Further recently last week the ACC and the Music Player went "dead" , you can find the details in the following thread http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...sic-system-go-totally-quot-dead-quot-suddenly.

    The reason was that the Blaupunkt 475 PnP amplifier had gone "sick" leading to a short which caused the fuse to blow. As of now I have removed the amplifier and bypassed the same. Well I notice that with stock HU directly driving the Rainbow compos and coaxials (without Ampli ) are sounding pretty decent. The max volume I tried is around 12. Anyways can anyone tell how to know if my speakers can actually be driven directly by the HU without the Ampli? Of course they are beiung driven now but can it damage them in the long run?

    Further I feel that the Amplis need to get pretty good ventilation else they get damaged due tio excessive heat . Just my understanding since so many Amplis are being damaged.

Share This Page