1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Where can I buy 15" OEM steel wheels for my Grande punto dynamic

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by renlouis, Jul 19, 2014.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    thats strange. bolts hardly hamper the looks. those without bolts in some other cars run the risk of falling off. you might have seen many taxi walas tie the wheelcaps (the ones without bolts) with plastic strips so that they dont fall.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    And those plastic strips is so problematic while doing tyre replacement, one has to keep something to cut those first.
  3. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seeing the front and rear wheel center area, the rear one has a center cap and the front one does not have. What is the reason :?:

- - - Merged Post - - -

Its not an issue for me if bolts are visible. What I mean is we have to loosen bolts to get the wheel cover off the wheel for wheel alignment purposes, right? I saw about loosening bolts in Punto handbook. Please correct me if the OEM wheel covers does not hinder the apparatus attached to each wheel to adjust alignment. :confused

Or can be just press those Linea wheel covers over the tightened bolts? Will it remain there?

- - - Merged Post - - -

That is right
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i too dont know mate, i have seen other cars as well they dont have centre caps.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    so whats the problem in loosening the bolts once in say 5k kms for doing alignment?
  6. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I doubt some guy over tightens the bolt may break the wheel cover Or even damage thread inside hub bolt holes. I am amazed why Fiat is still not switching to fixed stud bolt - closed nut combination to tighten wheels. Not sure using screw-in bolts with threaded hub bolt holes has any advantage over fixed stud bolt - nut combination. Older cars used screw-in bolts with threaded hub bolt holes.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  7. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got 15" press type prigan wheel caps for the Linea wheels on my Punto. Will post image tomorrow :)
  9. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    from where did you get those prigan caps?
  10. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    They should be available in any auto accessory shop. I mentioned just the size and the guy showed me many selections.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 6, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 6, 2014 ---
    My Italian cutie kitty :cat: with non OEM wheel caps. I got these for 1100.
    Thanks all you guys advised me to upgrade to 15" linea wheels with aceleres to enjoy sporty handling and cornering on my hottie :joyful:.

IMG_20141006_082651.jpg

IMG_20141006_082506.jpg

IMG_20141006_082408.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 6, 2014 ---
    My Italian cutie kitty :cat: with non OEM wheel caps.
    Thanks all you guys advised me to upgrade to 15" linea wheels with aceleres to enjoy sporty handling and cornering on my hottie :joyful:.