1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Where can I buy 15" OEM steel wheels for my Grande punto dynamic

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by renlouis, Jul 19, 2014.

1. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well guys, tomorrow I will order 4 15" steel wheels at Hyson Fiat Cochin.

I'm also interested in applying center hub cap stickers (many available on eBay.uk) instead of attaching Linea full wheel covers. I really hate the way the wheel covers are attached to wheels :thumbs down; need to screw them in (same as with old age cars like premier padmini). Anybody knows the size of front and rear center hub caps in millimeters? :smile:
  2. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

kgsIb8X.gif
  3. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

yes sir you are
  5. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was mentioning this headache, "for versions with wheel cap, remove the wheel cap after loosening the 3 fastening bolts and finally loosen the fourth bolt and extract the wheel"; you will find this in your punto/Linea service book. You have to loosen bolts each time before doing wheel alignment to detach wheel cap.

How is that? :dance
  6. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys.. can we use Punto's 14" 98PCD ordinary wheel for Premier Padmini to upgrade tyres to 165/80R14? I mean, does it foul with any component of the wheel assembly? Padmini uses 3.5J*14" wheels as stock ones. On buying new 15" wheels for Punto, the 14" ones will be left behind.

I am not sure anybody has tried this or own a padmini nowadays. If I may sell Padmini soon, I can hand over Punto's 14" wheels too, else dispose them. Any suggestions?
  7. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    And finally this morning I got 4 15" Linea steel rims from Fiat A.S.S. They charged Rs.1000 per rim. Sold 4 stock JK tornadoes ran 800 kms on the same day at 7600; the guy bought these will use on his Swift.

Got my punto fitted with 4 Apollo aceleres 195/60R15 88H made in last month for 19K. Initially dealer said Apollo is now selling Acelere as Alnac. Finally he got new Aceleres in stock. Now I'm fearless to drive punto in sporty way; these wider tyres aid in precise handling on zig zag steering! ::T Noticed no drop in fuel efficiency. No drop in acceleration too.

Still not bought 15" Linea wheel covers; I don't like wheel covers require bolt support.

I personally thank each and everyone for your experienced and valuable help. Will post images soon. Now my punto looks like a heavy weight champion. :cool:
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  8. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMG_20140811_092227.jpg IMG_20140811_092829.jpg IMG_20140811_092423.jpg

Thank you very much all :D
    Love to put wheel caps that does not need bolt support. Do you have your Fiat beauty running with 15" press type custom wheel caps? If so please post pics.
    2 people like this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dont put wheel caps. get it painted to gloss black
  10. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ganges, should I get the whole rim painted in gloss black or just the outside portion?

You mean to paint the bolts too?