1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Where can I buy 15" OEM steel wheels for my Grande punto dynamic

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by renlouis, Jul 19, 2014.

1. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ganges
    Ganges, you have 15" steel wheels on your punto. Were these OEM cast steel wheels of Linea? Or pressed steel wheels same as your spare one? What is the width: 5J or 5.5J or 6J? :wow
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its 6j same as the spare steel wheel specs.
  3. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok. Since they are pressed ones and are lighter, probably you are not facing any commendable drop in FE. I doubt the strength of pressed wheels over regular steel wheels. Is that the reason you got a bend in one of those wheels?
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i never gave a thought on pressed wheel and regular steel wheel .. i dont know what does it means. for bend thats due to our roads, caused due to pothole.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    btw, stock alloys are more weight than steel wheels.
    1 person likes this.
  6. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ganges, just asked about the type. In punto service book, I saw the term 'Pressed steel' for punto emotion pk spare.
    Thnx
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Irrespective of what is in the manual I do not believe there is any difference between a Linea steel wheel and punto spare wheel atleast in India. I.e. the 15 inch ones.

Steel wheels do bend when they hit potholes. However the advantage is that they can be hammered back to shape in most cases and are cheap to replace in worst cases whereas alloy wheels can neither be hammered nor are they cheap to replace.

You should stop worrying about the fuel efficiency due to the weight. I mean, do you calculate efficiency of your car based on how many people are onboard it each time? While the weight added due to a different kind of wheel might be about 1k, an additional passenger will add 60 KGS. :eek:
    1 person likes this.
  8. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :p
    Very good information. I have not owned any alloys before or don't have tried any wheel upgrade yet. Bear with me ;)
  9. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got this from Linea 2014 brochure..
    Screenshot_2014-07-22-09-07-20.jpg

This tells new Linea has 15" steel wheels as standard fitment. I guess its for Active variant. Any please confirm. Then I should be buying those wheels for my Grande punto.

Thanks
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The guys at dealership/FASC will provide info. You can place order there. Yes steel rims 15" from Linea will be direct fit to Punto.
    1 person likes this.