1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Where can I buy 15" OEM steel wheels for my Grande punto dynamic

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by renlouis, Jul 19, 2014.

1. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

If you want grip, just get the MRF ZLO. There is no other tyre in the market that comes anywhere close to the ZLOs in either dry or wet weather grip.
    1 person likes this.
  2. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    From ramjn's experience, its advised not to buy MRF ZLO..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  3. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    MRF ZLO may have soft rubber compound, so absorbing potholes well and great for gripping in all Indian conditions. I agree. But I need a tyre with good cornering ability and road hold. I am not pleased with very comfortable ride that somehow sacrifices sharp handling. That is why I am looking at Apollo aceleres (GT3 maybe too hard and Bridgestone MY-02 is not that popular). I am not thinking Aceleres are the best, but reasonable and affordable.

Thanks for your input. :)
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Yoko ES 100 has the best grip that I have experienced so far, followed by Yoko S-Drives.

ES 100s are quite noisy, but S-Drives give you best of both worlds. I would definitely recommend 205/55 or 60 R15 S-Drives.
  5. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    People are recommending Linea rims.. is it a direct fit to Punto ? and what is hte Rim size.. is it 5.5 ? I believe the one in Active is 5..
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Direct fit for Punto as long as you are getting new 15 Inch tyres :D.

The 14 inch rims on Active, Dynamic are 5.5J i think. The 15 inch Linea rims are 6J and all of these are 98PCD offcourse.
  7. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, I wanted to buy 15" steel wheels for Punto that has enough width to accept 195/60R15 tyres. The spare steel wheel with new Punto Emotion is what I am targeting (I don't know it is 5.5J or 6J :confused:, at least it should be wider enough).

No idea about wheels and wheel width of Linea. :confused

Emotion users can comment well on width of 15" spare wheel of Punto and Linea. This is all what I need ::T
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  8. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This would be the answer.
    508917d1298883560t-fiat-ferrari-affordable-trim-my-grande-punto-1-2-emotion-untitled.jpg

Not sure what is 'Pressed steel'. Other lower variants also have steel wheels.
  9. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

I've taken turns at 150 going full throttle in 4th gear with 3 ppl and a fully loaded boot. Zero understeer. Had a bad pothole hit at 90 and ended up with a bent rim and no damage to tyre.

All my friends who had Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 bought ZLO as the replacement tyre. Google what Advan neova is and go figure.

Direct fit with no modifications necessary. Lots of puntos running linea rims around.
    1 person likes this.
  10. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3