1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Where can I buy 15" OEM steel wheels for my Grande punto dynamic

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by renlouis, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cornering Hard side wall tires are perfect. GT3.
    1 person likes this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If only noise at higher speeds wasn't a issue GT3 are great tyres. :) If you don't mind that they are still a good option.
    1 person likes this.
  3. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So far from your suggestions, I understand Apollo acelere is a strong contender.

But bear with me if I ask a question (in case its a foolish one). The question is how is JK UX1 195/60R15 88V? Since JK tyre sidewalls are usually very stiff, such a characteristic along with low profile comfortably aid in punto's hard cornering? I have no information about grip and handling levels when aceleres and UX1s are compared. I guess aceleres are superior to UX1s as even Fiat considers them on emotion variant.

Any body has used JK UX1 195/60R15 88V? If could you guys please share your experiences.
  4. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My last question.. :razz:

It seems acelere is rs300 or something cheaper than my-02 per tyre. Which of these tyres' tread construction is more resistant to punctures?

Are my-02 ones unidirectional?
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Official JK Tyre information..

JK Tyres Ultima Neo, Ultima Sport and UX1[HR][/HR]
    jk-tyre-launches-ultima-sport-neo-ux1-tyres-india.jpg
  6. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The ride after GC upgrade was a bit on stiff side, so Yokohama A drives. Regular 195/60R15, low noise and better comfort. Prior ones were GT3 which were great except noisy at higher speeds. High speed performance is pretty satisfactory.
  8. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well guys, thank you all your inputs. :up

I will buy 4 15" steel wheels from nearest FASS; but not going to use them soon. At this time I'm not planning for tyre upgrade considering the drop in FE in this earlier stage and I'm also doubting myself that I'm underestimating the road hold ability of a radial tyre over bias-ply ones based on presumptions with out testing.

I'm newbie to new generation vehicles; I been driving my father's premier padmini without radials till a couple of months ago. I think I need to test more the current stock tornadoes to see how much it can bear with my style of driving and cornering all over, better understand the radials on my punto with some thousand kms of driving. Moreover its (punto) a great handler and that adds to my confidence even I'm on tornadoes.

I plan to do tyre upgrade if I see signs of mishandling for my driving style or I will do it after the tornadoes are about to replace. I'm sure undeniably wider tyres are safe for sporty handling and well planted ride.

Thanking all again for really valuable inputs.
    Cheers
    Louis
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Irrespective of your feeling's, IMO upgrading to 195/60 is a wise decision if you have the budget. Grip and handling would definitely be better and don't even worry about the FE, the difference is not very noticeable and the confidence boost will more than compensate for the Slight FE you might possibly lose.

You might get a better price for your stock tyres now than trying to sell them off after say 10K kms.
  10. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are right ;). Need to check if my budget permits me to do it now ;).