1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Where can I buy 15" OEM steel wheels for my Grande punto dynamic

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by renlouis, Jul 19, 2014.

1. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends , I am also thinking and experiencing the road maneuvers of my heavy weight Grande punto on 14“ OEM wheels with puny 165/80 tyres. For Maruti swift, this configuration maybe adequate, but on my punto I feel slightly timid :rolleyes::rolleyes: to drive in a sporty manner; even though not encountered any surprises on average cornering. As a co-driver, I traveled several times on my friend's punto (he has upgraded to non-OEM alloys shod with Hankook 205mm low profile tyres.

I am impressed and confident with the well planted ride :wowand handling due to the wider tyres; where as with my high profile puny JK tornadoes make ride cushioned (not that what I appreciate) but never lets me think of spirited cornering :(.

Since I don't have much to spend :-| for 15" OEM alloys, I plan to upgrade to 15" OEM steel wheels shod with 195/60 tyres.

Any one has done such an upgrade? If so where did you buy them? Did any one bought from Fiat dealers? Help me please :anyone

Many thanks
    Louis
  2. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Buy it from any Fiat A.S.S. Each rim is 999rs MRP, adding Linea Active wheel caps at 352 each is highly recommended.
    2 people like this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Two months before i hve changed from alloys to Steel Rims. Bought from FASS Pune. costing each 999 inr and use tire profile 195/65.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Front 195/65/15 tires
    uploadfromtaptalk1405753827518.jpg

Rear 205/65/15 . Stay away from this profile

uploadfromtaptalk1405753909436.jpg
    2 people like this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Ganges the front rim looks slightly bent in the pic.
    Whats the reason you are suggesting to stay away from 205/65 r15:)
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams,
    Yeah slight bent is there, have to remove.
    205/65/15 given initial damage inside fenders due to scraping whenever on speed bumps. Now the fenders have got used too and created a hole due to scrapping.i can put 205/65/15 again but for a new user its pain. ;) ( though i was also initially in pain)
    1 person likes this.
  7. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

@Ganges, you should get the Linea Active wheel cap anyway. It will look a thousand times better

HBCmRLw.jpg
    4 people like this.
  8. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great suggestions! Thanks all.

Glad to hear that 15" steel wheels are available from any Fiat A.S.S. I would choose 195/60 rather than 195/65 for the reason punto emotion uses that. I'm troubled of the bouncy cushioned ride offered by 165/80 jk tornadoes. I need a tyre probably with stiff sidewall which should enhance stability while cornering thus boosting confidence :cool:. Too much comfort seems meaningless without stability.

To some level I can compromise on riding comfort at the expense of better grip and confidence inspiring cornering ability. I'm not concerned of the tyre noise. I'm very much satisfied with ride comfort and cornering of 195/60 tyres that come with new punto emotion variant :razz:. I don't know whether or not punto alloys can play significant role in handling over steel wheels :confused.

Guys, which tyre (brand and model) would satisfy my requirement? I decided to go for Fiat 15" steel wheels :):V vitamin M deficiency).
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think Apollo Accelere or Bridgestone MY02 should satisfy your need.
    1 person likes this.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    If looking for sharp handling and do not care about comfort and cost should be less, Apollo acclere it is.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.