1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

When do you tank up your car?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by caffeineam, Jan 4, 2013.

?

When do you tank up your car?

1. When fuel warning light is on

52.9%
  2. When fuel level is at half tank or lower on the console

31.4%
  3. Ignore the console and go by KM readings close to empty

5.0%
  4. Ignore the console and go by KM readings at half tank or lower

3.3%
  5. Randomly

7.4%
  1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i usually tank up on the next day of my credit card's billing date :p!!
    5 people like this.
  2. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    I always fill after the low-fuel light shows up and then I almost empty the tank(drive another 50km). When on highways, I always fill up when I find a COCO or on entering some city.
    I used to tank-up when I reach half tank for an year, but it got my fuel pump to fail. The fuel pump failed when the tank was 3/4 and I had to replace my fuel pump(10+k, got covered in EW), so stopped filling up fuel and always wait for the low-fuel light. There are different theories about fuel pump, but this is what I experienced.
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  3. One should never let car run for long after reserve. There may be chances of dirt, rust clogging the injectors and also fuel pump can be negatively affected. In your earlier case the fuel pump may be faulty. There is no way a pump would fail on repeated full tank drives.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    what do you mean by reserve
  5. When the low fuel warning indication lights up.
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I have kept a 2 bunks both bp, and they are close to my place so when the warning comes i refill.
    That way i am sure that if not for great quality of fuel, at least the adulteration levels are constant, hopefully

Sent from my RM-892_im_india_216 using Tapatalk