1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

When do you tank up your car?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by caffeineam, Jan 4, 2013.

?

When do you tank up your car?

1. When fuel warning light is on

52.9%
  2. When fuel level is at half tank or lower on the console

31.4%
  3. Ignore the console and go by KM readings close to empty

5.0%
  4. Ignore the console and go by KM readings at half tank or lower

3.3%
  5. Randomly

7.4%
  1. raj29

raj29 Superiore

I fill when the fuel gauge shows between 1/4 and 1/2.
    If am going on long trips, irrespective of the fuel indication i do a full tank.
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I go for a fill once the needle stands at the red mark and once in a week with 600/- 11.5 ltrs of to the middle and on long drives a full tank
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I was so fond of reserve light earlier after going through forum completely stopped it for the better health of fuel pump and now fill when the level is between 1/2 and 1/4th.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    :D Good decision.
    The only reason I know that light works in my car is, because it was on when the car was delivered. It has never come on ever since :evilsmile

Rajan
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I do fill, just, after light on, but I do keep an eye on how much KM I have driven.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Normally, I fill up the first week of every month and do a top-up sometime between the third and fourth week when the needle goes below the half tank :)
    In case of a long drive, I fill up the tank a day before the trip.
    1 person likes this.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    For city driving, I usually fill fuel every 10 days and only after the warning light comes up. But, I always keep an eye for the fuel indicator everytime I take my car out and more keenly after a week from last filled day. For Highway runs, I fill the tank up the previous night and look out for a COCO or a decent looking Fuel station when the indicator shows 1/4th tank.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Randomly - when i cross my favourite bunk where quality is assured i make a point that i refill. As it is i can check my mileage on MID which is fairly accurate, so i dont wait for tankful method.
  9. maverick

maverick Amatore

Will wait till the reserve light is on and then fill it up to brim, but I do keep an eye on the km run after refueling.
  10. For city use I fill with 500 bucks once in every three days..on highway I try to fill before the needle hits mid tank.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2