1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wheel Bolts got Rusted within a year

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by rahulvfx, Mar 9, 2013.

1. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Just for information, is it possible for wheel bolts getting rusted within a year of purchase ? I'm quite confused, like how could it happen where my car always stays in covered parking... After speaking to some of my friends, they are also confused about the matter. Even 2 wheeler bolts also doesn't get rusted so soon... My ODO is now 8K only ... When I have given for 1yr service at KHT bangalore, it was told nothing can be done for those rather they will charge for replacement ... IMG_20130302_112812.jpg
  2. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    did no one faced this kinda problem ??? come on guys ... if this scenario is totally new to everyone , thn can someone guide me what next to be done ...I really don't want my beauty to have rusted wheel bolts ...
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    please dont take it as blaming you. From the hard water stains on the monogram it looks like hard or salty water is left unwiped on the bolts for longer period, leading to rust. Remove the bolts and check condition. If it is just an external layer caused by oxidation, you can ignore it for now, but should monitored periodically
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMO, you should change asap. In emergency, like flat tyre, it may be difficult to unscrew the bolts. NOt sure how much this is going to cost. TFI members, if any one has change this , you can share the cost.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

No offence to anyone,but most of you are going overboard.
    This is pretty normal,every day our cars go through puddles of water,dust grime and what not,so this is expected,no need to get worked upon over a few bolts with rust,try parking your car for a few days,you will see rust on brake discs as well.
  6. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    thanks everyone ... atleast now I'm gettin a picture to what next can be done ....