1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

wheel bearing issue

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by cblohar@gmail.com, Nov 28, 2014.

1. cblohar@gmail.com

cblohar@gmail.com Timido

India
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

I own two diesel pinto emotion pack since 2010. My one vehicle has rear right wheel bearing issue for last 4 years. I got it replaced 4 times in last 4 years. The fiat guys simply replaced the bearings on FOC Basis they never went in to the investigation to find out the root cause of bearing failure.

I wanna ask you all the forum Members of any one has encountered similar or same iissuewith their vehicle ???
  2. AndyRKett

AndyRKett Timido

United Kingdom
    Norfolk
    Grande Punto 1.4
    These bearings are very simple and very cheap to replace but if not reinstalled to the correct torque setting they wear quickly, my guess is the service centre you used just bolted it on with no thought to correct and accurate torque settings which is why you've seen continual failure in the bearing
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well its not totally unheard of, but I suggest you make sure the torque settings as suggested by AndyRkett are as per the specs. You might wanna ask them about the torque specs. settings which they may not know. :p
    Another thing you can do is take it to a different Fiat SC say like RS Motors and explain them the issue. Speak to Mr. Deshmukh there. He often times knows better if it is a faulty part supply issue or a wrong procedure during fitting. PM me if you need his mobile no.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 29, 2014 ---
    280nm? Should be standard on all Punto models across the globe is it?
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  4. AndyRKett

AndyRKett Timido

United Kingdom
    Norfolk
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I don't remember off hand but it won't differ from one country to another and 280nm does sound about right to me, way beyond most standard torque wrenches hence why they tend to not do it properly.

Usually it's done as tight As they can, and is then over done putting extra stress on the bearing
  5. ishtiaq yousuf

ishtiaq yousuf Timido

srinagar, jammu and kashmir
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anyone has the idea which aftermarket wheel bearing is suitable for fiat grande punto 2010 MJD