1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

wheel bearing / glow plugs fail .. linea MJD

Discussion in 'Technical' started by harryaviator, Apr 20, 2014.

1. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    The going was too good to be true uptil now. never had any of the fiat like issues till now. service guys were awesome, reliability was great. butoff late , a few issues have cropped up. need expert advice please.

1. I had experienced very mild humming noise from the car, over the last couple of thousand kms. did not pay much heed to it as i thought its one of the same old issues of linea.:sad: but off late, the same has increased. it starts at around 40 kmph and doesnt allow you to go beyond 80 kmph due to the excessive noise. the noise goes off during a turn to the right. From my limited knowledge, am suspecting a wonky wheel bearing.:|. if so, has anyone experienced the same on their cars? the car has done 30k and is in the extended warranty period. Does that help in anyway?

2. Also, the check glowplug caption has come ON.need to get the same also sorted out. dont have much of a know how on the second issue. req update on any previous occurrences of the same. does it get covered under extended warranty?

any expert opinions on why these might have come up. i am presently in kochi and giving the car to the AFSS(Hyson motors) tomorrow. please update me and bring me upto speed at the earliest.:sad:
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    What tyres are u on?

For point 2 check ew manual.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    16 inchers, Tjet variant wheels with 205/55 profile hankooks.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, the wheel bearing must be in warranty/extended warranty as car has done 30k (most wear and tear parts are covered for 35k, e.g. the clutch so wheel bearing should be covered).

A total of 4 glow plugs have been replaced till date in my dad's car that has done 75k since 2010. Since the car has done less than 35k, I believe glow plugs should be covered under extended warranty.
  5. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    that just got me grinning wide, ear to ear. fingers crossed and hoping for the best. atleast this reply has got me some backing to fight for extended warranty.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    But still, I would not like to own any responsibility :p because my car's glow plug was replaced in warranty when car was 1.5 years old and rest of the 3 glow plugs failed when car was in extended warranty and driven more than 35k so it was chargeable anyways for me. The wheel bearing in my car failed when I had lost extended warranty as I didn't go to TATA-FIAT ASC for service.
  7. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    just dropped the car off at AFSS.
    They were slightly hesitant. think i will be required to go there and fight it out. had done all servicing as per schedule.
    Moreover,
    following observed.
    1. leak from engine oil sump. need to be re-sealed
    2. brake pads worn out. replacing the same.
    3. wheel bearing front and rear, RH side needs replacement
    4. 02 glowplugs faulty
    5. replacement of the hydraulic shockers/ lifting levers of the boot. both gone bad. with leaks.

gonna cost a bomb if warranty doesnt cover most of it.. quoted 22k as estimate..:sad:
  8. ishtiaq yousuf

ishtiaq yousuf Timido

srinagar, jammu and kashmir
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear Team,

Anyone has the idea which aftermarket wheel bearing is suitable for fiat grande punto 2010 MJD
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Wheel bearing should be covered in warranty and EW.... Glow plugs also covered....rest are wear and tear items.