1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wheel Balancing...Confusion..help..

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by sadanandbondade, Jan 1, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Does it also include the wheel balancing report with the weight details on each tyre?
  2. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wheel Balancing doesn't generate any report, since its is not a computerized machine. At least I haven't seen any.
  3. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    I got balancing done on my old indica, however, never got a report on the balancing.

The only detail, the balancing machine gives, as far as I recollect, are the balancing weights and the angle at which the weights are to be added (0-360 Degree).
    Once, the weights are added then the wheels are re-run on the machine to check for more weights and angle to be added if any.

May be one could easily make a note of the same, to maintain history, if necessary. :confused:
    1 person likes this.
  4. I had been for wheel allignment yesterday. Unfortunately, Sai Iyengar Tyres at Double road was closed. (I do not know if he still has that store or shifted, as i have seen it closed many times during normal time as well). I had seen another Tyre care centre "Tyre Park" on Indiranagar Double Road. It is more towards the end of double road (near by Indiranagar BDA complex).

When he checked it, he said that there is too much deviation in allignement...and asked when was is last done..(I said a month back)
    he alligned them..and rotated the tyres to make sure there are no uneven tread size on the front tyres.

To my surprize, immediately after allignment, I took a drive, then the car was again dragging to left..
    I went back, he interchanged the front tyres..(right to left), then the car starts dragging to right..
    He said that the tyres are already worn out unevenly..so he inverted the tyre on rim (inside part of tyre is now outside)..
    After that the problem is sloved....there is still a slight drag..but he says..that will reduce as the tyres wear....he asked me to use it for a few days..so that the tyre wear is equal and then we can check again.

So now..I have another doubt.
    1. Whey did the tyres wear uneven, when my tyres were alligned by FSS at regular intervals..I feel they do the allignment on a trial and error basis to check if there is any dragging.

2. Another thing..I observe that they fit these reflective thing to your car rims during wheel allignment and they move you car front-back and steering sideways..
    if my tyres already have uneven wear...the caster, camber and toe of the tyres has already changed in the standing position of my car(measurement is done on rims..but car moves on uneven worn tyres)..will this have any affect on the allignment values ? I hope the instrument takes care of such thing..but just curious to know if any of the experts from this community can share some information.