1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wheel Alignment - Punto

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by johnny, Jun 26, 2010.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Premji at mahim is very good. It's my go to place for tire needs in town side.

If you want the absolute best then go to Saifee I'm santacruz, Podar school lane.

Sent from my Moto Defy+ via Tapatalk
  2. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After alignment+balancing, the steering is very lighter. I've filled nitrogen this time during alignment.
    Is it because of nitro filling the steering is very lighter or any other issue ? Kindly help me out in this

thanks,
    Sunil
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Any info on good wheel alignment shop near martha halli/whitefiled, bangalore. Please share exp and cost details also..
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If you really want a proper job done, I would recommend going to Millivision. It is right next to Lalbagh Gardens. However, if you do not have time, then you can try Tyre Empire. It is on Varthur Road, almost at the junction where the road parts towards Varthur and Forum Value Mall. If you go there, please make sure that the guys working on your car place the jack in the right place to lift your car.

Rajan
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the info, how my Tyre empire charge for this job,, ..
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    around 700 with wheel balancing. it will vary with the amount of weights they put while balancing.

I got alignment/balancing done here a month back!

- - - Merged Post - - -

I have a question here. On cars without alloy wheels, doesn't it make a difference if alignment is done without removing the wheelcaps? everytime i go for wheel alignment i have to haggle for this. the guys at the shops insist that it doesnt make a difference but somehow i am not convinced so I insist on having wheelcaps removed. I feel so because wheelcaps are made of plastic and sometimes they get deformed slightly.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  7. Today got the wheel alignment,balancing and rotation done from tyre empire.
    Charges as follows:
    wheel alignment@Rs 350
    Balancing@55 per tyre+1.2Ă—total gram wt used.
    Tyre rotation free, make it sure they note it down in the job card, and mark it well with chalk.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Saurabh2177

Saurabh2177 Novizio

Kanpur,U.P.
    Members,

i also got my Punto serviced for 15k in last week of May,
    they did the alignment and balancing,
    and when i took the test drive it was running very sharply to right,on complaining they again took 15 minutes,
    and after that it was alright,but when i went on highway next day i realized that it was pulling towards left,
    and the stearing was also shaking at speeds of 90-100,which nvr happened before.

i took the Car to TASS next day and on complaining the did the alignment and balancing again without any charge,
    and the problem was rectified but the stearing still shakes at high speeds which they said is normal,
    and i might not have noticed before.

personally i think the people at TASS are not learned enough to handle Allig. & Balancing of Fiat cars.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It should not make a difference. The equipment will be clamped to the rim and not to the wheel cap. Removing the wheel cap in our cars means completely opening 3 of the four bolts, loosening the fourth one.Then the wheel has to be mounted back, aligned and the process repeated to fit the wheel caps back. Maybe that is the reason the shop guys insist, but AFAIK, it is not necessary.

Also, I notice every one posting that they got balancing and alignment done. Balancing is required only when the tyre is completely removed from the rim / alloy, say to apply a mushroom patch for a puncture. It is of course required if you are getting new tyres. Otherwise, only alignment and rotation is needed every 5000 kms and not balancing. You might have noticed that the shop guys will knock out the existing weights, even before checking the wheel for balance. When you remove the weights, obviously it will be out of balance and then they will charge you for the new weights. Try this next time. Get the guys to check the tyre first, without removing any of the weights and you will find out for yourself.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Rajan but once while getting the alignment done with wheelcaps on, i had noticed that the wheelcaps were kind of obstructing the clamps hence the doubt came to my mind. next time i will try to observe more closely :)

Useful piece of information about balancing! next time i will surely get them to check the wheels for balance before removing the existing weights.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013