1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wheel Alignment - Punto

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by johnny, Jun 26, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Wheel alignment report, needed advice

From the past few weeks i began to feel that my car was pulling to the left and i could see that there was visible thread wear on the left rear.
    So took some time out on the way to a wedding and got the alignment done.
    Here is the report.. I'm not much aware of what these reading mean so any help is deeply appreciated (I will spend sometime on learning these technicals asap)
    IMAG0166.jpg
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Wheel alignment (camber) is out on all front and rear wheels and whats worse is that they are not adjustable on our cars and other cars too.
    Time to get shockers changed.
    Even your caster is way out of range. How does your steering behave, does it come back to middle/straight position if you remove your hands from steering after taking a turn.
    Do you remember having jumped a speed breaker or going into a pothole in high speeds.
    Even my linea had camber issue on right front and rear wheel which happened after car jumped a couple on speed breakers in speed above 100km/hr.
    Everything got normal after I got GC Upgrade kit installed.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    yes it comes back to 90% of actual position

None i can remember apart from regular bumps and dips..
    But very early on i had an accident where the car went up the divider...
    But this pull feeling is something i'm noticing only from the past 3 weeks.. that is the worrying part.
    ALso i had rotated my tires (which have a slight bit of uneven wear) and since then i am noticiing this issue.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

yes it comes back to 90% of actual position

None i can remember apart from regular bumps and dips..
    But very early on i had an accident where the car went up the divider...
    But this pull feeling is something i'm noticing only from the past 3 weeks.. that is the worrying part.
    ALso i had rotated my tires (which have a slight bit of uneven wear) and since then i am noticiing this issue.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
  5. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Got the wheels aligned & balanced (90gms weights were used in all) at Madhus today. Below is the reading and I have no idea of how to read this report. What does before and actual mean? I can understand target value. Looks like no 'adjustment' has been done to (Front Axle) Caster and is way out of spec?

Driving-wise I feel left pulling problem is solved though I have to take it to highway to say it with conviction. Wheel rotation was done too.

Another question is, can I ask TASS NOT to do wheel alignment and balancing during 2nd service due next month. Any impact on warranty terms? I think they are only going to screw up the settings.

sdc11255.jpg
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Nitin, Even I did my wheel alignment done before my 2nd service and asked the TASS people not to do it. My second wheel alignment was done outside TASS. I do it in every 5K interval.

The black: In your report for 1.4 FIRE it is showing 1.4 8V. Just wondering why it is not 1.4 16V?

Vijay: I had the same problem with caster angle. They told they will not touch it in wheel alignment. They did a slight adjustment. I also had a left pulling and small bumpiness problem. How GC upgrade will resolve it?
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Nitin, the front left camber shows -1 degree 10 minutes? Is that an issue or this is the normal reading?
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    any advices on this guys?
    What is difficult for me to digest is the fact that i never faced this issue earlier , I mean all of a sudden how can the car start pulling to the left? and if cambers cannot be adjusted that means the only way that they can get into an offset would be a deep impact which i don't remember ..

Is there any other solution to this?
    I'm trying to make the suspension last till the tire dies at least so that i can get a complete overhaul of suspension /tires ....
    The pull is not too much but definitely present.

Also if i don't change the suspension right away is there any other impact that might occur?
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @theblack
    Apart from high tyre wear no other permanent impact to car body parts.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok.. in a weird case of satisfaction.. I'm actually going to be happy if the tire wears out fast :)
    Its already done 32K and there is not showing any signs of damage. Even the depth is more than 3.5mm :).
    I need a reason to change my tires and go in for 15"