1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wheel alignment issues - Why cant Fiat fix it?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Fiatophile, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    I'm sure all of us have friend that drive a swift or any other maruti. Has any one tried knowing how often do they do this? I don't deny that our Fiats are special, and they're no less in tire wear, aspect either. It can't just happen across most of the Fiats you see. I've checked a few in my office and all of them but for one, has this issue.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I haven't consider the accident criteria as well as the suspension issues. If the car has the accident history as well as suspension issue then why car maker has to blamed?

In all discussion for this thread is for the rear eaten tyre, but nobody mentioned about the accident & suspension issue.

I think this whole discussion thread is now going to another topic for which no car maker will take the responsibility.
  3. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI

Hello rishike007
    I think you may know but you got slightly confused with front/rear/four wheel drive(its the power going to wheel either front or rear or both and not the steerable wheels)so in cars you cannot adjust the rear wheel alignment(Toe,caster & camber)

Hello fiatophille
    People over here are referring only to wheel rotation & not wheel alignment and rear wheel alignment cannot be adjusted for any cars and when the vehicle meets with an accident you need to change all the neighbouring parts to make it correct & adjustment is not possible
  4. Please go through this whole thread you will understand ... its not about alignment but its some manufacturing defect which fiat is hiding with 2011 manufactured cars (dont know about linea's but punto for sure)
    Right now m with Brand new tires and still in same issue and people at ASS are waiting for the reply from FIAT and 15 days FIAT has not replied and M worried to even move the car for an inch seeing the Alignment values which out with more and 2 degrees at rear... It has become a never ending story....:punch
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tyres-alloys/9435-rear-left-tyre-wearing-out.html
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Raghav,

In-fact my car is also manufactures in 2011. Already crossed 36K kms with the JK tyres. And will go till next 5 to 6K kms as per tyrewala.
    Also didn't find any issues regarding left tyre too.
    I have the problem for the camber setting due to bad bump but after changing the camber bolt that issue has been solved.
    I drove my car more than 6k Kms with the camber issue but no issue found due to the camber setting. It was the front right tyre.

About the defect in 2011 cars, need to clarify with the SA. Will update you if I got any inputs for it.
  6. Hi Rishi

I didnt tell all the cars have manufacturing defect ... its problem with some cars that too punto's i think, even after some adjustments or some thing which ASS team made... my problem was also resolved to some extent .... then all of sudden my both front tires started eating only inner side buttons and my 3 tires were fully gone (front tires may be due alignment problem) some how i managed to stretch till 32k ,, now that i purchased new tires i dont want these issues to repeat so now my car is with ASS they may change dead axle i think .....:(
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I used to own a Hyundai before Fiat,i did 1.3L on the Accent,i never faced any suspension or alignment related problems apart from the front shockers that leaked at 1.1L kms.Fiat's suspension behaviour is superb when compared to Hyundai,but its a pain to get the alignment right in a Linea,always it takes about 2-3 attempts and a few hours to set it right,and not to mention,i overlooked it for about 2 weeks,and i ended up with a Bald tyre in about 1100kms.
  8. I am Also at this . In 15,000 Km;s and after 3 alignments & a tyre rotation once, both the front tyres are bald . Per se Service center, this is common on All punto's and i must pay for the tyres. Has raised a complaint with them . let us see how it goes. No way i can afford a new tyres every 15 K odd Km;s . I am still running OEM tyres.
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Raghav,

First check the alignment at MRF service in your area. MRF Tyres - T and S
    They have the skilled peoples for this work only. And if these people found any issue then get it done from ASS with the points mentioned by alignment people.

I have just now changed the camber bolt from FASS which was found by the MRF T&S. The SA at FASS asked me about how I got to knew?
    After explaining the issue he promptly changed the same & asked me to check the alignment from the same alignment center. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.