1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Whawwww.. Punto

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Balu Chandra S, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today, I was little low due to power drop issue which I mentioned in another thread.
    On the flip side, today I got another reason to be more proud and happy about Punto. On my way to one of my cousins home there is a curve in the main road, in which we have to take almost a U turn. I was not usual in that road and I will get to know about the turn very late most times. When in Swift while going in 60, I had to break and do a circus to get rid of the turn and the car will go in right side of the road sometimes. But today in Punto I was in 60 and noticed the curve very late. I gently applied the brake and speed was 50, and I went through the curve very easily like a normal turn, that too keeping it in the left side. After that only I remembered how I used to take that curve in my Swift and felt .. Whawwww. . :)
    But the sad is most people won't / couldn't identify these USPs of Punto with a short test drive, that too in a city ..
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Well, this USP can be easily made out during TD. Only requirement is 'a driving enthusiast'.
    Car SE s of most of the automakers do not allow a enthusiastic TD, but believe me Fiat SEs do allow a TD as you wish(atleast in Pune). Only problem is that most of the car buyers in India are not driving enthusiasts!

Before finalising on Avventura I had TD punto /Linea /Avventura extensively multiple times which included hard cornering at good speeds, passing over speed breakers @40 kmph, driving on all kinds of roads & no roads too. Not a single time, not even for a moment SEs showed any concern or displeasure about well being of the car.

To conclude, I must say Fiat SEs are best people when it comes to accompany you for TD.
  3. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One reason for this TD friendly SA, might be that they know very well that Fiat cars won't disappoint the customer in any of the test conditions :) , while most of the other brand cars can't do that.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    This made me remember something that a colleague told me sometime back. In 2004-05, he was in the lookout of a hatch and palio was one of the contenders. While taking the TD, the SA told my colleague, 'Sir, try driving faster, its a fiat!!' and my colleague was sold on it :D It seems that the Fiat SAs are very well adept with the Fiat's USPs.
  5. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Well said @Tornado and @Turbothingly. Even iam the one who faced the similar kind of situations. When i was in market, these H and M guys were telling me too drive slow. Each and every moment they are warming me sir dont do that.

But with Fiat they have asked me go fast and check the brakes how efficiently its was stopping and handling the curves. Special thanks to Tousif from KHT he showed me all the hidden things that are there in our FIATs, otherwise i would have bought I20. That moment itself i have prepared my mind to buy FIAT.
  6. Ananth_90

Ananth_90 Timido

Kochi
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Was in a dilemma of choosing between Punto evo and Polo. Took the TD of polo first, liked it very much. Then came test drive of punto 90 HP
    My SA asked me to drive faster through a curve. He also took a U turn in a good speed. Since he also own a 90HP punto, he was able to give an unbiased review.
    Result: My dilemma was solved :) Punto it is..
    Deepak, ccprakash and punto_emotion like this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    But on flip side, there are complaints on other forums that there are dealers who do not have a TD car or they do not do proper follow up of a customer who had not got the TD due to this or other reason.