1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What your Car Colour says about personality

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by arian, Jun 21, 2010.

1. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Colours ... we all know they add pizzaz to a painting, decorate our abodes, we wear them. Whats life without colours - body without soul!

Being in the creative field, colours are an important part of my life. Infact colours are my bread and butter. But today I came across an article discusssing the corelation between the colour of car and the owner's personlaity traits. Though not absolutely convinced about what the write up mentioned, (my choice of silver linea was due to the fact that I wanted to own a low maintainence colour or else my preference was black)decided to share on this forum because we all like to know more about ourselves. Ofcourse such write-ups also provide us the ego massage we all need from time to time (they always have some good things to say). I have tried to choose colours available in the linea family.

So here it goes...
    a) Red Cars -
    Dynamic, high-energy people with sex appeal. A UK study backed this assertion, finding that red cars were most often chosen by outspoken, energetic individuals. Now that all you red car owners had a good euphoric high, let me give you the antidote- A New Zealand study of serious crashes (those causing injury) found that red cars had a higher likelihood of being involved in accidents than grays, silvers, and blues, but lower than blacks, and much lower than browns and yellows.

b) Blue Cars -
    Quiet, faithful, calm temperament, (dark blue is associated with credibility, confidence, and dependability). A UK study found drivers of blue cars to be more cautious and introspective, on average. Blue cars have a slightly lower risk of being involved in crashes than red, green, or black, and a much lower risk than yellow or brown.

c) Gray Cars -
    Driven by pragmatic, sober, corporate types. The same UK study found them to be sober, calm, and hardworking. Another study indicated that drivers of gray cars have above-average confidence. Gray cars have a relatively low crash rate compared to most other colours.

d) White Cars -
    White cars are associated with a fastidious nature. They are often preferred by status-seeking extroverts, and have a mid-range crash rate, similar to that of red and green.

e) Black Cars -
    Black cars are associated with an empowered personality, have owners who are not easily manipulated. Black cars are usually driven by aggressive drivers with a high accident risk.

f) Silver Car -
    Elegant, cool, futuristic personalities. Silver car drivers were more likely to have a higher-than-average level of confidence, and somewhat detached.Support for the calm, confident persona is provided by the fact that silver cars have the lowest likelihood of being involved in serious crashes.

Guys, don't know how far this is relevant to you but some information to add a bit of colour to the drab mood at work.

Anup
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I understand that in some foreign countries, red colour cars attract more insurance premium than that of other colours because of higher accident rate.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not sure true or not, Red colour has very less vibility in night, that is the reason for more accidents. And that is why insurance company charges more on that.

(Schuman 1991).
    Source - http://www.aaafoundation.org/pdf/carcolorandsafety.pdf
  4. rabbil

rabbil

Mumbai
    "b) Blue Cars -
    Quiet, faithful, calm temperament, (dark blue is associated with credibility, confidence, and dependability)."
    So true..... i love blue. and don't forget "sporty n ruff"
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Very interesting analysis. May be we should include a poll here to find out the correlation between colour and accidents.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I like red cars! My Wego is also red. Hope that I don't crash her! :p
  7. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Then I think I should buy Red cars! :p
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Almost all my cars and bikes were/are red..I had a bad accident in my red swift..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    All My cars and byks were black, white which i like the most and one Red wagonR which had a fatal accident, now i have a TW.. no idea what it signifies .. :)
  10. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have seen quite a few crashed fiat vehicles. most of them were Tuscan Wine. My punto is also TW :shocked . Lets just consider only the positives from color astrology rather than things related to accidents. :)
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013