1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What would you like FIAT to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by NAREN64, Nov 12, 2010.

?

What would you like FIAT to do to sell more

1. FIAT Boutiques in major Cities

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. FIAT Car Dealerships Plus Service centers

16.5%
  3. FIAT Car Dealerships using TATA's Service centers

40.5%
  4. Continue the existing JV with TATA

1.3%
  5. More advertisement campaigns in Newspapers & TV channels

3.8%
  6. Price reduction & more offers

16.5%
  7. Add more models like the Punto T Jet & Linea 1.6 MJD

7.6%
  8. Impove the Interiors for all models like Linea T Jet

13.9%
  1. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    I would like to see seperate car dalership & service centers for FIAT cars.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I feel, from your list, JV is way to go for Fiat.
    Yes there is some issues, but this had given Fiat to reach masses. Fiat alone can't make any major breakthrogh. They are good at making nice vehicles, let them do that. Fiat sales/services history has nothing to provide more confidence to customers.

We had some discussions on sales - viewtopic.php?f=48&t=449&start=0
  3. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    fiat should open their own showrroms now.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    More Advertisement campaigns.

Fiat can't afford to go alone just now.
  5. HammerHead

HammerHead Novizio

A Goan In Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I would say,
    1) Continue the existing JV with TATA is the best option for Fiat.
    2) Improve interior fit and finish.
    3) Minimize downtime i.e. make sure availability of spares at the service center.
    4) Train service center techs so that they are competent enough to diagnose and fix problems efficiently.
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Sooner or later, Fiat has to start their own dealerships and service centers. Better start sooner on a small scale and expand capacity till complete self-dependence is reached. After that, JV with Tata should be only on tech transfer. The decision to start boutiques is an indicator of similar approach.
  7. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    More advertisement campaigns in Newspapers & TV channels showing the special features, not only the look which everybody knew.
  8. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    In my opinion;-

1) Fiat exclusive Boutiques in metros & Tier-1 cities
    2) Continue the existing JV with TATA ( to be able to penetrate market ).
    3) Stop Providing latest technology to Tatas ( atleast in future ), How come the same engine goes to Vista , which is in Punto ? Fiat needs to keep an edge over others ? Pls. don't give T-JET to Manza , & upcoming 1.6 MJD to manza/vista , It will surely help to boost fiat sales.
    4) Improve interior fit and finish.
    5) Minimize downtime i.e. make sure availability of spares at the service center , shud also keep
    provision for customers to buy directly from Fiat Ranjangaon plant , will always prefer that , instead ordering thru dealerships !
    6) Exclusive fiat trained mechanics for Fiat vehicles. ( V. Imp.)
    7) Last but not least = Sort out the frequent occuring MINOR problems with fiat vehicles , as mentioned in a thread on this forum , will help to put a "Trouble Free" tag to fiat , I f these problems could be adressed during 1st service why it can't be sorted out before rolling the car out of factory ?

Atul
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think:
    - Continue the JV.
    - Start showing better ADs. Do not give European style TV ADs. Highlight the USP. Looks aren't your USP. :thumbs down
    - Highlight the features in your brochures. Do not hide them.
    - Do not compete with Swift. Compete with i20. (Yes, I am talking about the base variants).
    - Give dual tone interiors even in Active variant. i20 magna outsells Punto because of this reason. Give AUX cable in Emotion as it does not have USB.
  10. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Need to improve the Ad campaigns....The fiat punto Ad aired on Televison channel is pathetic..I expect better content.Show the engineering stuff the car is loaded with and not fancy features.