1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

what wire is that?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by shams, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Desigan

Desigan

Chennai
    How do we protect our car from Rats.... any solution available?
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    BTW Shams, what is the status on your friend's car?

Rajan
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    friend is very busy today hence i could not check with him on the car's status. will update as soon as i get any information.
    don't want to find out from the dealership directly as it will look like i am poking my nose unnecessarily ;)
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Hey Shams - what happened to this car? I am quite curious to know how the issue was fixed by FASC.

Rajan
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Rajan, the car was ready the next day and my friend had to pay Rs 450 only.
    Thats the only information I got from my friend as he had to leave abroad the same weekend and hence he could not get into the details of how it was fixed!

Once he is back after couple of months, if i do not forget i will ask him to open the bonnet and show what was done!!
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  7. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Better late than never. It was Adya. I wouldn't blame them as I was in a hurry.

By the by what is this heat resistant tape? Where do I buy this? I went to an auto shop near by and they gave a glueless pvc tape saying this is usually picked up by auto-electricians. When I asked if its heat resistant, they didn't have a clue.
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Bumping old thread for info on the topic (Reason: there is a minor damage to the wire due to rat bite. not fully cut but damaged)
    Any idea on what connector is it exactly? I believe the airbag sensor should be somewhere in the same area.

Also what is that black tape (made of fabric) used in some parts of wiring (where the cover the corrugated pipe ends) called as. Thinking of using it at parts where there are wires exposed.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014