1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

what wire is that?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by shams, Sep 11, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for taking time out guys!

Update:
    my friend was very busy so only at 5 pm today he got time to call RSA. Flatbed truck is on its way but for some reason the car is going to be taken to Vecto motors which is not the nearest FASS from whitefield (breakdown location) nearest one being just 15 minutes away.

Car is around 5 months old and has done 49xx kms. It was bought from Vecto. Could this be the reason why its being taken there?
    My friend was fine with the car being taken there so he did not question the RSA guy as to why its not being taken to the nearest FASS.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ideally it should have been taken to KHT.
  3. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    When I had a similar problem the FASS( I was then able to drive) just connected with another piece of wire.
    The next morning I had a more severe rat attack where I wasn't able to run the engine. Under the hood I saw a wire cut which I joined and the problem was solved, though I had to remove the engine plastic cover to join it. It was in an awkward position.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    And wrapped it with regular electrical insulation tape? Did they solder or just twisted together?

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    when i was leaving from office today i saw the tow truck coming to pick my friends car but this was a regular truck not a flat bed one.

now this second puzzling thing from rsa. while my friend was in a hurry and he said he is fine to send his car with thistruck inspite of me telling that this can cause some damage.

but since my friend was fine i left from there. on my way home i called rsa asking the two questions.

1. he told that tower gave information that vecto is nearest and he would check on that. he had no idea that there was another sc within 4kms. apparently tower was trying to make money here.

2. when i asked why flat bed truck was not sent then he said that from one month back they re sending regular trucks for pickups within city limits for all cities because the flatbed truck is problematic on busy roads. when i asked what about any possible damage that may happen due to this he started telling that they instruct them to take all possible care so don't worry about it.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    car was finally taken to KHT after i gave the information to RSA guy that KHT is nearest about which he was totally unaware
  7. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    They did not solder anything; just twisted it together and wound it with regular electrical insulation tape.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is what I expected. Soldering, heat shrinking and additionally wrapping in heat resistant insulation tape would be termed patch work.
    What the FASS did was professional. :A :A

Rajan
  9. Which FASS was this?
  10. Sathish_UPS

Sathish_UPS Novizio

Bangalore
    Regular tapes will become brittle, loose its strength & will come off on long run, if used in engine area.

FASS are becoming unprofessional & handle vehicle almost like road side workshop, doing some patch work just to close the job card to send vehicle out & are least bothered about long run.

When they changed my bonnet under warranty due to rusting, they pasted cowl top [black plastic on top of bonnet] with some glue which I came to know when it flew off after a year on my high way ride. Same they did while fixing horizontal rubber seal [beading] on rear doors as well, don’t know how much time its going to last.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013