1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What will happen to LINEA with VENTO@6.9L???

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Bala, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    All said and done,one can buy a diesel Linea(active),for a price that is lesser than a petrol vento(trendline),that is after the discounts available on Linea
    So,I think Linea will still hold to it's share in the market,atleast with the diesel variants.May be a decrease of say,100 units per month may happen
    Worst affected will be the liplocked Verna transform :mrgreen: and the ugly SX4 :lol:
    Irony is that though VW had bought over the designer Guigearro,he had designed Linea and Punto far better than Polo and Vento :cool: ,a big thanks to him for that.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Masterpiece can be created only once, even same person can't create same magic. ::D
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Abdul, the 1.6L in the SX4 (in Europe) is from Peugeot and is rated at 90ps with torque of 215Nm@1750rpm. The only Fiat diesel on the SX4 is the 1.9L 120bhp unit.

From what I know the 1.6L MJD is not found on either Suzuki or Opel cars even in Europe.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
  5. cartoos

cartoos

New Delhi
    Have we compared Vento Highline with Linea E Pack completely feature to feature wise chrome inserts on doors and other things among and Linea comes with discount etc. ?
    You will see lot of difference in price and then Linea is coming with TJet very shortly and that will have all the advantage in petrol segment.
    Also see my Avatar for FE that Linea is giving, will have to match by Vento
  6. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
  7. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Just received a Telephone call from Mr.Marius D’lima - Head – Corporate Communications Fiat India. He said that Maruthi Suzuki have bought techonology for 1.3 MJD Engines only, he does not have any information regarding the 1.6 MJD Engine supply to Maruthi Suzuki at present.

Also I was informed that 1.4 Linea T Jet is to be launched in September 2010. :dancing
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    That's great news Naren,about the impending launch of T-JET,but is it a case of too little and too late???
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You know him personally ?
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Lets compare prices Apple-to-Apple i.e. similar variants (Top-end)

Prices are ex-showroom Delhi

Vento Petrol Highline : Rs. 823,500

Linea Emotion PK Petrol : (Rs. 765,674 - Rs. 40,000 discount) = Rs. Rs. 7,25,000/-

Difference of almost Rs. 1 Lac. That's huge.

Even aftar paying Rs. 1 Lac more for Vento, what you won't get is / are....

• Steering Mounted Controls (Even Ritz has it!!)[/*:m:1hqhiftx]
    • Blue & Me[/*:m:1hqhiftx]
    • USB connectivity[/*:m:1hqhiftx]
    • Smaller Boot[/*:m:1hqhiftx]
    • Various misc items e.g. Sun curtain etc[/*:m:1hqhiftx]
    • Lack of dealerships/ service station nearest to home / in home city (Only 40+ Dealerships Pan India[/*:m:1hqhiftx]

What you get for this Rs. 1 Lac more is....

• Brand[/*:m:1hqhiftx]
    • Reach adjust steering[/*:m:1hqhiftx]
    • Adjustable armrest[/*:m:1hqhiftx]
    • Interior Fit & Finish[/*:m:1hqhiftx]
    • Engine with higher capacity (200 cc more)[/*:m:1hqhiftx]

Typical customer spending Rs. 1 Lac more for above items & compromising with lack of the items in 1st list is a typical Brand-concious customer right in the league of ANHC. Customer who's looking at SX4/ Linea looks at how he gets more out of the money he spends.

The more I think about it, the impact of Vento on Linea sales gets lesser as per my estimate. At best 50-80 units, not more.