1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What will happen to LINEA with VENTO@6.9L???

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Bala, Aug 11, 2010.

1. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    FIAT should launch the Linea-Tjet ASAP to counter the Vento & they should price it a tad lower than the Highline Petrol.

Seems Honda City should start counting its days, with the Tjet & Vento on offer the sales of the ANHC will surely dwindle down.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Vento has a longer wheel base and larger rear ceat space when compared to Polo,so will be more comfortable for the rear ceat passengers,when compared to a Polo
    Leave alone LINEA,who will buy POLO1.6-highline at a price higher than the trendline1.6 VENTO??
    VW is killing so many birds(even it's own!)with a single stone
  3. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Bala,

Can you give us the dimenssions of the Vento.

The Wheel sizes of the Highline - 15" & Trendline 14" differ. For the Highline the spare wheel size is 14". When on a highway you should carry with you a puncture kit.
  4. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

The Polo based sedan, Vento(actually means “Wind” in Italian language) is 4.38 meters long, 1.7m wide, 1.46m high with a wheelbase of 2.55m. This stretched size surely increases seating and storage space. Vento stands tall with a 15 mm increase in ground clearance as well.

Source: http://www.vicky.in/slideshow/volkswage ... ct-2010/3/
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Could not read much on net about Vento, its hectic since quite a few days.

However, the price Rs. 6.99 lac is for base version Petrol Vento. The higher version (Highline) Petrol Vento is priced at Rs. 8.23 Lacs ex-showroom Delhi. Now this is substantial difference over Linea highest version Emotion Pk.

Quick glance at features show that Steering mounted controls are missing in Vento. So also, Blue & Me, Sun curtain, USB drive etc.
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Vento's only positive point, to me, looks to be its engine. Both Petrol and Diesel.

The wheelbase of Linea is bigger than Vento, so as total length. I am sure, after Polo, Vento will also be a looker, but Germany has yet to beat Italians in design and features.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    May be after this, people will appreciate more VFM of Linea and Linea's sale would be doubled. :drinks
    Remember, i20 sales picked-up only after Jazz got launched.
  9. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Typical New Launch reaction on TBHP, they have started praising the car at the starting of the thread & now they have started criticising the Price Point ::D IMO, dosent seem to be a VFM Package. Linea seems to be the VFM package with the Features like Blue N Me, as far as the current lineup of the competition is concerned.

:shocked Where are the Steering Mounted Controls ? Why have Volkswagen skimped on this feature, even the Ritz have them.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Going by reactions on TBHP, people who were looking at ANHC earlier are now looking at VFM and will swap H for VW with "eyes closed". These people any way would not have "touched a Fiat with a barge pole". There's many a slip between the cup and the lip. Only after the reality of VW spare availability or thin dealerships hits home, people will start actually criticizing it.