1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What Tyre for Linea? 205/55 R16

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by daretodream, Oct 10, 2015.

1. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    I have 4 falekns and 1 MRF as spare tyre , sorry cannot comment on this.
  2. Ashok James

Ashok James Novizio

Tenkasi
    Tenkasi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Continental MC5 is very good.
  3. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Falken Azenis PT722 = 21384
  4. daretodream

daretodream Timido

Bangalore
    HSR Layout
    Linea 1.4
    Sorry for delayed reply. I am travelling. I will post the details later today as I've to look at bills at home.

I'd changed the tyre on 13-Nov-2015. I went ahead with Michelin 3PST at Madhus.
    I got an even sweeter deal on the day when I went to change the tyres.
    Moreover, they did wheel alignment & balancing free. I just had to pay for the weights.

Post that done 2 highway trips:
    1st: Bangalore>Vellore>Bangalore (To lift some relatives after chennai flood inundation) in first week of December-2015
    2nd: Bangalore>Thanjavur>Pudukottai>Madurai>Pudukottai>Viralimalai>Pudukottai>Bangalore during Christmas Vacation- 2015

Other than that, there were 4 airport trips and every weekend 20-40 kms city ride.

I guess I have done around 3K kms in the new Michelins.

The feedback
    Its AWESOME!
    A. RIDE QUALITY
    The first thing that struck me was the super smooth ride quality.. It improves substantially--- by miles. Suddenly I felt as if I am riding a knife on butter.

The old NCT5 had become so hard that the ride quality had become very very hard. The showroom folks had tough time removing the old tyres.

I attribute the improvement in ride quality to:
    1. Removing hardness of old tyres
    2. Adding new tyres which are softer

So, any new tyre will get benefit of attribute#1.
    i.e. May be a new NCT5 would've also shown improvement in ride quality as much as PST has shown.

I guess where Michelin scores above others in Point #2.

B. NOISE
    The noise is substantially low.
    This is where Michelin PST outshines GY NCT5.

C. HANDLING
    I don't do high speeds(seldom touch/cross 100) and hence cannot comment on high-speed ride handling.

The handling at the speeds that I do(sub 100 Kmph) - its same-as / marginally-better-than stock Goodyear Eagle NCT5.

So, the takeaway for me is :
    Smooth ride with low noise.

Would I get this tyre again- Definitely Yes!

I'll write another post with specific details.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  5. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    I've very recently mounted MRF ZV2K 205 55 R16 on my Tjet. Had driven 42k kms on stock NCT5 for past four years.
    Since, there in our city, Srinagar, the authorised dealer for MRF is available. They provided good service for dismounting old tyres, mounting new tyres,balancing and allignment. I was satisfied with the service.
    On new shoes, I feel more soft drive and steering, more grip in especially wet conditions. The treads of the tyres and linea body is showing good competibility. Set of four costed 32k.
  6. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @daretodream , What was the cost for P3ST's from Madhus? I am also looking forward to getting the same.
  7. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
  8. RajeshLamba

RajeshLamba Novizio

Bhubaneshwar
    Linea 1.4
    @mabams. I had put a mrf zlo..4 months back...and planning another...feels n luks gud...

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk