1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What to do to avoid dogs climbing on the car ?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Naughty, Aug 22, 2012.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Rider60, I was happy to read your solutions. But let me point out to another fact. When for example, a malarial outbreak is there, using mosquito repellants does not cut it, neither does taking other short term measures to get rid of the problem. Keeping neighbourhood clean and spraying or fumigating the neighbourhood becomes equally important. Why? To deal with the problem at root level.

What you see as rants may be percieved as a discussion by others. Some of us might want to take the liberty to discuss issues at length, but they are all related to the main issue here.

I am sure your suggestions are tried and tested by yourself and probably others you know. I have faced this problem with dogs with the Linea while travel at Surat during a halt. Now while travelling I don't think one could everyday follow the instructions and solutions provided by you religiously or maybe that's just me. We all love our cars by the way. No offense meant here.

As regards, viewpoints and jokes cracked there is also a hidden message there that some of us need to lighten up and treat this as not too serious issue. However, that is just a suggestion, one can totally think and act otherwise.

Please reply to our prior posts if and where you think certain points (solutions) may be valid. I hope the posts are not completely useless. :eek:
    1 person likes this.
  2. rider60

dear asimpleson,

it isnt practical in our country yet to get rid of the dogs completely and we cant expect the authorities to take care of it either, thats the way it is. second, i just replied with the first thing that came to my mind after reading all those lengthy posts man, i dint mean to hurt any one in anyway.

i was looking if some one used my solution and found it useful than what was perceived as discussion and a lengthy one i felt.

i have faced this problem too not with my car but my bike, i will post a few shots of my bike's headlight fairing, which a dog tried to chew off and this solution that i offered worked well for me.

no offence but i would want people to get to read the solution to their problems, than such lengthy posts running into so many pages. no offence meant and my apologies to whom ever felt bad.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    We most certainly don't want the Indian Pariah Dog or Dingos (wrongly called) or Mongrels to be wiped off from India. :)
    FYI, did you know that they are migrants from china land..:D Blame them chinese..:devilface

I did mention how the municipal authorities interfered and someday all the dogs migrated or relocated to a point where the nuisance was reduced a lot. We cannot tackle social menace by individual remedies or efforts, which I believe puts a dent in the ownership experience.

That will take time, some may or may not experiment on your suggestions.

When the rats increased someone brought in two pairs of cats in the society compound. The rats, a menance for car wires where gone and the cats dont make a mess either. Tie-up a stray near the car/bike and feed that dog; maybe that will keep the other dogs from intruding. They are territorial as I mentioned earlier.

Do you know that people read a lengthy post if they find it interesting, they skip to parts in thread that are more interesting. Why not leave it at them to decide. Besides how many people do you think try out every bit one suggests here. The nature of any forum is take it or leave it (advices and opinions), one certainly should not expect more out of it.

Here is another opinion from this very thread...