1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What to do to avoid dogs climbing on the car ?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Naughty, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    No Probs Buddy...

All is well... All is well... :)

Cheers :up
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have observed that most animals like to avoid the strong smell of phenyl and hence I believe that dogs will better leave this 60 sq feet area (approx area of Punto at 4000mm x 1400mm) alone rather than spraying 10-15ml of urine to mark it. The smell of their urine won't stand a chance against the smell of phenyl. ;)
  3. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Why Not , we add external security to Punto .
    Like , When someone touch/bang on the car , car starts siren.....so when dogs are sit on car ( specially on BONNET), we will get siren alert......This security i seen many cars.....
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  4. Hey Naughty,

I feel really sorry for you buddy. The frustation and anger on the dogs which does for your punto is irresistable.
    I have some thoughts and I feel it might work.

1. Buy a german shepherd or a labdawg and tie it next to your Punto. Dare any dog to come near your precious punto.
    2. Cover your punto with a thick material, not be only the conventional car cover, but which will not atleast put marks on the car
    even when the dogs are lying on your punto.
    3. Call to Animal Control room, and ask them to catch the stray dogs which does not have a mark on their necks to justify not be a
    pet dog.

- If any above solution does not work, then buddy, you will have to look for a parking space where no dog can come near your punto.
  5. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Thanks Heartlin...

1. Cant buy a dog as I cant justify by giving time to the dog... cant take care of it properly... none apart from me is a dog lover in my family...
    2. Tried covering it with high quality thick water proof clothed cover... It was stolen couple of time... Banjaaras - Mazdoors who live on road steals it... We cant do anything as We pity them. They dont have anything for shelter and we cover our cars with expensive covers...
    3. Have called animal control room many times... They dont catch dogs anymore.. They just come and give them injections which will make them impotent so they dont multiply... That's it...

Cant buy a parking space as none is ready to sale it even if I could afford it... (In the apartments a parking space is costing nearly 3-4 lacs)
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

there is one way that ive noted....animals climb on vehicles for one of the following reasons

they want to avoid damp earth
    they want to sleep/rest in a dry place

they go under the car to avoid sun heat or rains

get a car cover and sew it with jute from outside cover ur car with it and then dampen it i mean pour water on it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  7. Hey Naughty buy 'Urine OFF' spray,available in any vet store,it keeps dogs away from places you dont want them to be.It works wonderfully..
    1 person likes this.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wasn't the issue resolved by pouring phenyl water all around and underneath the car?

This method also worked on J Ravi sir's rats back in Chennai. :)
  9. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Hey Folks,
    I thought I was the only one seeing dog paw marks on my car. Happy to see many of you working on solutions :D
    -Srijit
    1 person likes this.
  10. This works for rats only,but dogs??:confused