1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What to do to avoid dogs climbing on the car ?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Naughty, Aug 22, 2012.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Punjabi dogs here in Chandigarh have a habit of emptying their large intestine contents (aka sh!t) in front of our gates. They are very precise in doing this. What i have learnt is that they do not like to come near phenyl water. So every other night we put 4-5 teaspoonful phenyl in half a litre of water and pour it in front of our gate. May be you can try this by pouring water on ground all around your car. I am not sure if its god to pour phenyl water on car. I bet that would work 100% but what about the effect on car paint and also one will have to wash car in morning to avoid smell.

So only option is to pour phenyl water on the ground around the car.
    4 people like this.
  2. maverick

maverick Amatore

Oh there are others facing this issue, for me its the cats that climb on top of my Punto for sleeping. Planning to buy a cover to prevent the cats from scratching my car.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

Another way is teach them English and write "Dogs are not allowed to play near my car-Grazie" If they know what has written they behave better than humans.:D
    1 person likes this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Dogs are territorial animals so definitely it'll be one "gang" of dogs who have made your Punto their headquarters. :lol:

Scare/chase them away. They usually don't come back then. There was one who made sleeping underneath our car it's habit and even attacked our pet dog. I ran after that dog with a stick in hand and that dog has been wise to not come back!
    3 people like this.
  5. I have a problem similar to this, except that its a cat which walks on my car. Like maverick said, planning to buy a car cover.
    Are cats afraid of bottles of water ??:D
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If cats are climbing on car place the toy-dog inside the car.
    If dogs are giving trouble place the toy-cat inside the car.

But in my area goats are giving trouble. I think I should place toy-tigre to get rid of from goat climbing.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Goats! :lol :lol

Amol bhaisahb your problems and solutions are always out of this world!!
    2 people like this.
  8. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all, I face the same problems with these stray dogs.

In my street there are around 16+ stray dogs (I used to count at midnights when their fighting noise made me to come out of my bed) and they comprise 2 gangs. They often fight for holding their LOC (Line Of Control), unfortunately my car parking is lying exactly on the LOC. They were not doing any intentional straches as such but they use my car as the post for pissing, and during their fights they used bang on the car doors :( I get realy frustated when I clean the alloys in the mornings, but no other go. At times I used to get a feel that whether I live in a neighbourhood of people or dogs. The highlight here is one junk lady (neighbour) feeds these stay dogs with left out food at nights. Once I told her politely not feed the stray dogs, if needed I said that she can grow these dogs in her house and feed as needed, but she didnt even care about it and she still continues. So I thought instead of barking at(cha, talking with) her, let me try something else.

First thing, I poured water on the dogs when they approach the car. To my surprise they darred at me and didnt even bother proceeding towards the car, as they had seen a pouring rain the whole day and they casually took shelter under my car.

Secondly, I tried putting a car cover, though I was not interested, I was forced to give a shot. Bought a POLCO brand for ~1500 and started using for 2 days. Third day in fornt my gate I was seeing few pieces of cloth which was like the same material of my car cover. I was praying that it should not be my cover, but it was my cover torn by those junk dogs, I was literally crying and scolding my dad, who asked me to put a cover (In fact, before buying the cover I was seeing the user reviews about the dogs tearing the covers, and I conveyed the same to him, but he said me to give a try). After this I kept the cover in my store room and stopped using it.
    So guys who are trying to buy a cover, think twice or even more, before going ahead.

Now after going through this thread let me start trying the WATTER BOTTLES METHOD, PHENOYL METHOD and REPELLENT METHOD and will post my experience/dog's reactions :). Thanks for the input folks.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

I will have to try this to discourage the rats to come near my Linea in my Chennai home.:)
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

i think the only solution would be to constantly spam the govt email inbox with a request to come and pick up these stray dogs...
    if its actually owned by someone (like security guys in apts or apartment dwellers) then you can just go and talk to them about the mess and hope they acknowledge you're requests.