1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What to do to avoid dogs climbing on the car ?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Naughty, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Dear Friends,

I have a unique problem here...

I live in an apartment in Ahmedabad. We are allowed to park only 2 cars in the allotted parking, rest of the cars we have to park in the open area outside gate. I cant ask my parents to park their car outside and so I have to park my FGP out (Sadly) :cry:... We have too many stray dogs in our area and they climb on the cars and rest on the roofs... Stronger, Commanding and Dominating the dog - Higher the position he gets (on SUV)... in the process they have scratched my FGP's bonnet, windscreen and roof so badly, I am terribly pissed off with the same... We can simply take a stone and woo them away but cant keep a full time security personnel for my FGP... :cry:

I got that thick waterproof cloth material(Old Style) cover for my FGP as well but the poor Banjaras live road side stole it... Its not their fault afterall... I feel pity for them as well... They also need shelter to cover themselves under extreme heat and rains as they live roadside...

Its a terrible feeling to see scratches on beloved Ride... Does any fellow fiatian know the remedy to avoid dogs climbing on our car? :anyone

Find below the attached pics of my car's bonnet....

IMG03219-20120822-1234.jpg

IMG03220-20120822-1235.jpg

IMG03221-20120822-1235.jpg
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    This definitely is a strange problem..and the solution is not in your hands...may be use some dog replellant on ur car :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Try this home remedy. Keep a bottle of water near to your car. usually dogs are afraid of(or because of any other reason) that and doesn't come near to it. This is a successful method for us to avoid dogs lying in front of our dogs. I am curious to know whether this works with Gujju dogs. Works with Mallu dogs and Goan dogs. :D

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

If there is a dejire there is a way;)
    3 people like this.
  4. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad

Unique solution to Unique problem... I must try this... I shall keep a plastic water bottle on the roof itself or may be between windscreen and bonnet near wiper, lets see Gujju Dogs' behavior... :(

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Which products are dog repellent ? Are they in form of sprays or cremes? do they have any adverse effects on the color coats of the car? any info on that?
    Where are such products available?
  5. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    well one more... and we all accept this universal truth :p

Buy/catch any female dog from nearby and attach a string to it and get it tie with your grill. Then none of the dog will be having gut to climb on your bonnet..

Female dominate everywhere being it human or animal ::OO
    5 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Dogs from neighborhood also join and it will become a ramlila maidan.

@Naughty: Keep it on ground. Don't keep it on bonnet or any other place. If possible keep two, one at front and other at back (copy right protected):D
    5 people like this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oops. You have taken this very seriously? I thought he was joking on this dog repellent. :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    I dont know whether was he joking or not... but Found one here Boundary Training Aid Dog Spray - Dog - Sale - PetSmart

Only problem is... I don't know if its available in local market or not?
  9. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have this problem also.....because of dogs the bonnet has dents,scratches and marks of paws of dogs....also the roof has scratches
  10. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad