1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What to check when car is under performing

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    i have got a mileage of 18-20kmpl on previous drives. its only in this trip when i got a bad mileage.
  2. dev

dev

Mysore
    Hi Folks,

I am getting FE of 15 in City without AC and with AC at about 12 to 13.

On Highway( 5 Adults) , 18.5 without AC.

The Car has seen 50K KMs.

What are the things I need to get it checked in Garage so that they can figure it out if there is indeed and issue.
    Unless we provide them precise points to be verified I don't think it would be found out by the TASS Guys
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ I don't see any alarming decrease in the mileage figures. It could be pretty much normal depending on the driving conditions and the way its driven. Is mileage your concern or anything else?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  4. dev

dev

Mysore
    Main concerns
    1. Is my car having any issue , if yes what needs to be verified. I would prefer to get it verified. In the process getting better understanding of how to keep the car at the top of the performance.
    2. Also, need to know if age has caught up with my car, wht do i do to get it back to form.

Today in the middle of afternoon, the car was struggling when we switched on the AC. If AC is switched OFF, it feels as though the car gets nitro boost. My hunch is that there is some issue with AC or turbo, but don't have knowledge to ascertain it.

Now days, When I need to Overtake , I switch off AC during while overtaking and later switch it on again.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Please check the car with a scanner at the SC. If the AC compressor or other tensioners/bearing etc. have a problem such a problem can arise.

A thorough inspection is needed by an experienced tech.
  6. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    What's the distance of your city commutes? With short trips you often end up getting such readings.
    Highway figures seem OK though.

Switching the AC on does sap power, but your case seems to border on the extreme. How's the performance of the AC?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  7. dev

dev

Mysore
    The AC performance seems ok. But when ever I switch on the AC, the Car gets heated very quickly.

I would like to get it verified, but thought of getting an hint as to what might be the problem.