1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What should be the new features/Improvement needed in upcoming Linea/Punto ?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by santhukp, Mar 24, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    My wish list in the Punto would be:
    1) Better seat ergonomics
    2) Better plastic quality (esp of the seat adjustment levers, glovebox, rear parcel tray etc)
    3) Electric boot opening button
    4) Increased elbow room between the driver and front passenger seats.
    5) 1.6 MJD or T-jet engine
    6) Option of displaying the reqd counters on the MID.

All of the above are possible with no huge cost involved, would go to show that Fiat India does care for the customers.
  2. sunilraj

sunilraj Timido

Bangalore
    1.6 MJD for Punto!!:cool: Show price will rise towards 8+L
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1)VASTLY IMPROVED INTERIOR(both design wise & Q wise)

2)A VERY GOOD QUALITY STEREO

3)A SPORT(PETROL) VERSION WITH---T-JET ENGINE--ALL ROUND DISC BRAKES & 16" ALLOY---ESP

4)SOME LOWER VERSION OF 90 HP MJD.
    1 person likes this.
  4. I feel like to have the following
    1. Provision for holding 1 litre water bottles. Even the Maruti wagonR is having the same. This won't do any harm in the 7 lakh price tag
    2.A good HU with USB AND AUX support.
    3.Effective usage of the dash board .At least a mobile holder and toll ticket holder
  5. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    1. Linea and Punto needs at least 4 bottle holders and some more pockets.
    2. Linea's Rear leg room should be segment leading (4560mm car)
    3. Plastic quality should best (Inside-Out) - especially under the wiper, it is very bad it is worst than alto 800.
    4. Paint Quality should me improved, These beauties require top notch paint quality.
  6. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    1 ) gear box unit need to be completely changed..due to this old type gear box only timing chain is going out even in 60 k..this is the main reason ....

2) long travel clutch ...its very difficult to use it in cities ...even to due to this long travel only clutch unit is going out at short period ....

3) plastic quality ...please "fiat ... try to be as Italian"

4) change the service interval as 10 k and mark fuel filter replace at every 20 k kilometers..

5) marketing needs to done more to bring the same trust (like 1980 - fiat 1100 padmini period )

6) try to show all the positives of the product to the customers...many of them dont know all functions and features of it

...Drive fiat ...Live safe ...
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here i found this in terms of my pocket hole :D .Thanks gurjinder for your post.Yesterday been to Shell Retail outlet.
    The prices i have got are :-
    1. 10W 40 HX7 1325 3.5 Litres.
    2. 15W 40 HX6 1140 4 litres.
    3. 5w 40 Ultra 4524 4 litres.

I'm planning like the same you did will opt for 10W 40 HX7,changing intervalls keeping 7.5K Kms(1500Kms more than you did).This sound good for me.Yes,at my risk.
    i will be happy to read your review in terms of NVH levels and more.
  8. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Sunroof on linea
    cruise control
    push button sstart
  9. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Basic
    1. Bluetooth Streaming for BnM
    2. Larger display on the music system, and ability to operate USB, and Mobile also from the Music system controls. Currently, only steering mounted controls operate USB and mobile.
    3. Front handrest in Punto
    4. Bottle Holders in Punto. Currently, it only has cup holders and that is useless here in India
    5. Plastic - i dont have a lot of complaints, but the plastic and padding finishing below wiper and the lining that comes when you open the hood, that should change. it is pathetic even in new cars.

Advanced -
    1. Push Button Start
    2. Cruise Control and Automatic options

It would also be good if Fiat follows a strategy of Upgrade kits to existing customers. Like an upgrade option for BnM, HU etc.
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Oh - god loads of features requested. I am surprised that only two people mentioned about the ergonomics in the entire thread covering more than 100 posts. Ergonomics is one of the major areas FIAT fail. Impractical use of the center console and dash board. My brother (6ft 1 in and bulky) complains only about the front seats in my 90 HP - unless he is pushing the seat back a long way. Designed primarily for long handed italiians - the window controls - i used to operate the rear windows when the intention is to open the front one becuase of the reach.