1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What should be the new features/Improvement needed in upcoming Linea/Punto ?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by santhukp, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Re: what would you do to better your fiat?

Oh...you meant that ultimate power bank.i got this um52 in my home town,as faced lots of issues on the trip to nepal, bihar..we couldnt charge the phones neither the camera, even had to keep the gps on..
    I wanted something like belkin inverter which connect the laptop and then use it for charging phones, cam, or something else to use it for using in car refrigerator, and not screw up the warranty in the process.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

@Arnab, are you talking about his when you say Belkin inverter for car?

My wish list for my Dhanno

• Better Tyres and alloys (especially the scorpion claws one but its too costly to even consider - may be after Abarth is launched)
    • Music system and center console (i would love to change it to black center console but there are so many compnenents - Auto Climate control, Blue & Me etc)
    • All four wheels with disk brakes :) - am not sure how much work it takes
    • Leather seats and dash bord wrapping in leater
    • Projector headlamps
    • Am still not satisfied with the engine remap subject (usefullness of remaps and devices used for remaps)

Am not doing any of the electricals right now as i dont want void warrantly and want to know the after effects of fiddling with the elecricals.
    I might aswell go for the real Abarth if it fits the bill down the lane in near future :) than spending money and time and doing all the above
  3. Re: what would you do to better your fiat?

@raj29, yes I meant that one.I already have a chinese inverter aiwa or some name, used it extensively on my swift for 3 years but not a single time the fuse went bust..but dont know why this keeps on repeating in my punto.

If you want to get discs fitted for the rear it will set you back by minimum of 16-20k.again the warranty will be void.

Better to go for abarth punto in the near future when it will be launched than spend money on mods and stuff.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Why were you not able to use it? This is not good news to me.
    I was looking at buying this with the hopes that it can power my Coffee maker so that i can get coffee anywhere i want on the go. (Well not exactly this model but something like this).

If you are as particular and paronoid about 98PCD as i am and looking for a good design then you will have to spend a lot mate. A lot :)

Not sure what you mean by this. Please explain.
    But I can only say one thing in order to fully appreciate a remap you need to drive a remapped car for at least 100Kms in varying conditions.
    Even though i have got my card remapped I would say that you still TD a car and only then you will know the difference between stock and this one.
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

what would you do to better your fiat?

@black agree with you on the alloy part.

Coming to the remap topic as you know its a debatable topic and i haven't driven a remapped car. But from what i have read over www am still not convinced about the benefits of doing changes to the stock settings if the engine. May its just that i have to get into the right frame of mind to understand remaps
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Well, good low beam bulbs is the only change needed, in my opinion. Speakers too, but most of the time i just keep the ICE off.

Mechanically, I have changed the oil change interval to 6k and next oil change will be with Shell HX7 10W40. Pocket happy, engine happy. (Disclaimer - FIAT specifies 5W40 for Multijet. Running any other viscosity is entirely at owner's risk :p).

7. Bala

Bala Esperto

I would do nothing.I bought my car with out even a TDand would have bought even if there were no engine!.I like my car for what she is and I always accept people and things for what they are.
    Besides,apart from the poor ground clearance and rear sear knee room,there isn't anything in the car that needs modification,IMHO.
  8. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

1. Rear AC Vents.
    2. All Black Interiors (only the grey area) (don't know whether its possible or not)
    3. GPS and Parking sensor.
    4. Better looking alloys.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Please explain. You are using fully synthetic or mineral oil?
    Point 2 :: I'm running on delvac 1 and its coming of age (done close to 11K) .
    I'm not surprised that your changing your oil every 6K but I'm curious to know why . If its better for the engine in any which way . I'm game for it as well!
    Please explain

Yes you are right. Its hard to convince anyone to take up a remap but you will only know when you go through it. So i'm resting my case on remaps until you TD a remapped car for long and see the difference yourself.
    Although i would say that you should give it a shot to see the difference
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Well , firstly, oil is a very contentious topic and N number of people will have N different opinions. My personal opinion is using a good quality normal oil, nothing fancy and changing it sooner. Delvac 1 is pretty much the best there is, but financial considerations and the fact that it must be driven high km's to extract the most out of it is not appealing to me.

HX7 is semi synthetic or mineral i think. Rs.1200-1300 for 3.5 litres and use and throw every 6k.

2 people like this.