1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What should be the new features/Improvement needed in upcoming Linea/Punto ?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by santhukp, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

The first and foremost improvement/change needed is of gearbox and its gear cables,proper tuning for city driving with better gear ratios as well as addition of aux in cable port thats must for cars sound system.
  2. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4
    I am okay with whatever additional improvements and feature list Fiat(India) decides to dish out as far as a small step in the manufacturing process is cared for with a renewed vigour called as (Q.C)
    Q U A L I T Y C O N T R O L .

* this is not just regarding assembling of components in factory but also about procurement of quality spares(adhering to strict specifications laid out by Fiat) from various vendors. (period)
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    I am happy with all the advanced features currently available in Punto. What I would request is ensure that the components used are of good quality, components that last, not just the body shell.
    From my own experience, failure of critical components like
    1. Clutch system failing at less than 30k on the odo
    2. Defective engine mounts breaking quite early(I think I am not the first customer to report this)
    3. Drive shaft bearings dying
    Like the SA told me you can also tell me that mine is a one-off case and doenst happen to everyone, saying another customer is running with stock clutch at 92k on odo. When you and the SA tels that mine is a one-off case, you are also agreeing that the part that failed is defective.
  4. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

I am expecting much better interior and fit and finish and lesser turbo lag of the 1.3 Multijet. When the competitor is I20, Swift and Polo then fit and finish should be up to the standard. FIAT also look into the performance side as well. In Today's market saying 20.5+ FE for diesel will not help to bring the customer anyway.. When Swift and Vista (90) retune FIAT's own engine to perform much better than its own son Punto (as per i read from various automobile site) then why not FIAT do something!!! Now Honda comes with its diesel engine; This is a serious threat to all automobile companies in India; Maruti Tata all is trying to keep their child alive in this situation by adding more and more features but FIAT is sticking with its old Blue & Me trade mark!!!

As a company FIAT doesn't take care about its existing customer!!! This is we who loves FIAT thats why we stick with (i am a owner of 2 FIAT cars) but it looks like FIAT is not willing to retain his previous customers! No value added services not free check up campaign! No feedback taking from customers whether there is any issue in the car or not or its going perfectly or not!! Even a private service station (MY TVS) is calling me periodically and asking about my cars performance and those fixed that they did but no calls from FIAT own dealer!!!!

Small step makes big difference!!
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

what would you do to better your fiat?

Please note this is not an add campaign of any sort its an attempt to know what fellow fiatians think can be done to there cars to better its appeal.
    Technically and aesthetically.

Well i've summed it all up in the header itself. Lets make a list of things that we might have in mind to better our existing drives .
    Please dont say a bigger engine , RWD and things like that :)

The idea here is to keep the existing setup as stock as possible while only tinkering around with a few things. The purpose of this thread is to get an idea of what we think can be done to make us feel better than we already do about our drives.

Here are a few things on my mind.
    1.) ECU remap to get more power - done
    2.) Body skirts - I'm yet to find a good looking spoiler for my punto so im still searching
    3.) Overhauling the media system / console / dashboard plastics - This might be expensive but i always liked soft plastics which are nice to touch and feel.

Now your turn guys!!
  6. rajks

rajks Amatore

1) Replace the basic mud flaps provided by dealer to the molded one (Asthetic)
    2) 3M Sun control film (Comfort)
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    1. Body Skirts
    2. Front bumper Guard
    3. Steel Mirror cover
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

1. Tyre upgrade
    2. ECU Remap \ Tuning Box

Will add more when I remember.
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat should give customization options to all models.
    The accessories should be as per the market prize.
  10. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    1. ECU remap : Waiting for Vitamin M
    2. ICE upgrade desperate need: Waiting
    3. Tire and rim Upgrade
    4. External goodies: Spoiler, ORVM paint, Some Abarth modification with badges and stickers