1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What should be the new features/Improvement needed in upcoming Linea/Punto ?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by santhukp, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Pardon me guys at least owning an Active i got praised by one of the managers who got his sedan parked in the parking area next to myn soon after he ran coming behind me to the lift only to ask that i had dimming lights in punto that he doesn't have .. :) quite an appraisal for FIAT ha ha.
    2 people like this.
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Just imagine FIAT having these features right from 2008 Lineas and our colleagues (like your manager) are becoming aware in 2013 !!! and sometime they even boast that the car they bought has the features bla bla, which FIAT had given long back...what a marketing disaster
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    LOL.. Many people doesnt even knew that Punto Active has tilt steering, Dimming lights, Trip meter, Mileage Calculator, Front Power windows, Speed buzzer.
    Lot of manufacturers made our people think in confined limits.
    Basic model means - No Powerwindows, No A/C, No rear head rests ( trip meter etc -- Door ki baath hain )
    TOP End means - Powerwidows, A/C , Power steering and ABS Sticker ( In actual - Useless in real world with pathetic Wraffer like thin tin build )
    People want power - 0 - 100 in X secs... they dont think of Braking ability 100 - 0 in ? seconds.
    So guys we might face some niggles but at the end of journey --- You are driving safest car at the price you paid.
    11 people like this.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    According to popular M* brands if the basic model could manage without brakes, steering wheel, they could remove that also squeeze another 10-20k and tell most popular and largest selling brand in India.. :evilsmile
    8 people like this.
  5. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

I have only one thing to ask for - BOTTLE HOLDERS. I request for just two.
    Aux-in for the HU too would be welcome.
    And please no anti-pinch. It could turn out to be opposite of what a safety feature should be.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sidindica

sidindica

-
    I am surprised no one wrote lesser NVH in 76 hp versions from the inside. Besides that, beige interiors are welcome but two things need improvement.
    1) ditch the prehistoric palio derived gearbox and come up with a close ratio 6 speed GB.
    2) ditch the prehistoric audio ad come up with a simple HU with usb, aux in and bluetooth like the i20 gets it. If Fiat comes with integrated audio for existing punto dash design which has atleast a USB and aux, next day I will buy it.
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    With all the people asking here, I feel that Fiat should introduce the dashboard of European models. I liked the well laid layout of the European models. And a Dual Logic gear box is an expectant thing. Hope as Mr.Atansio told that we here in India also will get customization in coming years (from 2015).
  8. That is a very valid point Arkin regarding the Anti Pinch. But I wanted it jus because my 2 yr old son has learnt to play with the power windows and I am really worried he would put his hand or head out and operate the power windows.
  9. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Guys... the answer is Punto Evo... I guess we will get most of these features in Evo...
    1 person likes this.
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Surely Punto is much better on the feature list when compared to the so called best sellers in the segments (there could be very few exceptions here).

A better gearbox would be my choise for wish list.
    FIAT is providing many features which are not known to potential car buyers!!