1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What should be the new features/Improvement needed in upcoming Linea/Punto ?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by santhukp, Mar 24, 2013.

1. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    you are asking too much.... Rejected by boss :p
    1 person likes this.
  2. 1. Better gear box
    2. Water Bottle Holders
    3. Remote Operated Power Windows and anti pinch
    4. Rear seat Interior Lights
    5. More tinted windows
    6. Smoked headlamps and Evo Style Tail lamps
    7. Improved front seats with under thigh support and Lumbar support
    8. New Headunit with bigger display probably touch with no hardware keys
    9. New front grill.
  3. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    2 people like this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    People complain about price hike not because of buying power. They just want to get the best at the cheapest price possible. The TV commercial of the Absolute edition was a pathetic attempt to reveal that attitude.
    1 person likes this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Not really too much at all..
    Because if there is something really new i'm asking then its understandable but if you look at it from a very critical perspecitve then the only new things that i really want are ESP, RWD, better gearbox
    I"m sure its possible in the price bracket i've given..
    Besides i've already heard it from FIAT guys that they are planning on selling the abarth in the 8-9L range. if you compare the offerings of the abarth and my requirements they are not vastly different.
    1 person likes this.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I want customization options like this.

http://www.fiat.co.uk/uk/fiat-punto?status=1&car=1995dr|001|0019915Q6000|296$5CA|102@-&opt=008|009|011|028|029|048|052|064|101|102@-|112|144|182|273|296$5CA|352|41A|450|499|4I3|500|502|614|&wheel=144&packs=

NOTE: Please copy all content & paste.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Calculator display? And you liked Swift's MID more than Punto's?
    May be your perosnal choice.
    If you can convince that this will help Fiat to increase their sells, I believe they would be more than happy :).

You are becoming judgemental on so many factors.
    Have a look at it - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/non-fiat-cars-two-wheelers/7565-skoda-rapid-tdi-driving-experience.html
    6 people like this.
  8. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Ravi,
    I am talking in view of potential hatchback buyer not in the view point of Techy or a person who knows in and out of every car.For him the Swift(new) MID is always looks better, he is not going to check whether what information it shows up over there
    Yes it matter persons like me who looks for convenience.Its a pain to write CD's for long drives.two weeks back i was going for long drive ,for this purpose i downloaded around 1 GB of songs and burned into two CD's, Stupid system didnt played those CD's because of some writing issues and its spoiled by entire trip which i planned three months earlier.If i was having an option of USB/AUX in this will never happen.If a person who is planning for 1.2 emotion and if he comes to know that this Head unit is not going to play music from USB/AUX in ,He will look for alternative models am sure, because i would have selected any other variant atleast:confused:.

I cant agree on the plastic quality of Rapid.Interior is any time better and beautiful(subjective) than my Punto because i am observing from almost last one year.My Punto and Rapid we bought it in same period. but yes Rapid feels like lorry outside:evilsmile
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Offer ABS in Active Variant
    Offer Driver side AIRBAG in Dynamic Variant
    Offer Hand rest + GPS Navigator + Reverse Camera by Default in EMOTION

At last
    Make EGR Cleaning mandatory on 30k service interval.
  10. i20 / Verna has the worst steering and handling and many potential buyer go for it, so would you ask for FIAT to worsen the handling capabilities of Punto / Linea ? just Because in the point of Techy or person who knows in and out of the dynamics it is needed but for a potential buyer never bothers how good his car handles. Come on buddy, let us praise FIAT for what it is. Don't expect them to come down since the buyers have not yet grown up.

To Me , Punto's features are more than enough to go for another 4 years without being outdated. A Polo only now has got the bluetooth and steering ctrls and the owners think they have the more advanced car in the market. My friend who owns a Laura (dont know which year model) was surprised when I asked him where are the phone controls on the steering wheel. I was expecting a laura to have that. He made fun of me to go and check my phone. I took him to my car and showed him all the B&M features he didn't believe they all were factory fitted just because Laura doesn't have that. Such an advanced car maker, who thinks about the practicality of the owner / driver, and implemented all the best they could in the year 2005. And you ask them to learn from another car maker (Suzuki) who implemented half of the features only in 2010.
    6 people like this.