1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What should be the new features/Improvement needed in upcoming Linea/Punto ?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by santhukp, Mar 24, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I to hope they do better and better. But all requests which we are keeping here should be notified to the top hats @ FIAT. So that they also can think some thing from the customer prespective.
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I expect
    1. key-less entry Option
    2. ABS in all models to be made mandatory
    3. one touch Engine start/Stop button
    4. A 6 speed gear box
    5. Hill climb assist (a must for such a fatty boy)

And all these we want at around 7 Lacs on road?! :

Why not good plastics and interiors ? at least no body will dare to put more on a hatchback above this straight forward upgrade to sedan.
    1 person likes this.
  3. apt

apt Timido

vadodara
    just launch the same model with all details n quality as available in home country italy...
  4. I never felt Punto's gear shifting is hard,it is smoother if not the smoothest.
    2 people like this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    While I agree that there are resolvable issues in FIATs, I think a lot of us get in to Puntos and Lineas with the fears and suspicions formed from what is read on various fora and hearsays.

Before you pounce on me for my one-liner, prepare a list of items/features requested above and think if it is really possible remaining under 7L. It is not just plastic quality and dual tone interiors. If polo, fabia, or i20 gives better interiors at almost the same price, you would also want to look at the service cost. The 20k 0r 30k discount they offer while buying is made up in the first few services itself.

I did not say I don't want all these features. I would be happy to have them all in my car. But when the refreshed models (with all these features) come with a price rise of say, 20k or so, we will start cribbing and complaining.
    6 people like this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    FIATs, at least the ones I have driven, have a rubbery gear shift, with the exception of 118 NE. As a matter of fact, though the 118 NE was based on the FIAT 124, the 118 NE had a Nissan power train and a Nissan gear box, but the gear shift was precise and butter smooth.

Gear shift in the current crop of FIATs is not hard or anything, but it definitely lacks the precise slotting one experiences in some other cars.

Rajan
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    My 2 cents...

(1) Better Gear Box with butter smooth gear shifting and better initial pickup
    (2) Better Turning Radius (Horrible Turning Radius of our Fiats may give a reason to truck drivers to laugh at us) :(
    2 people like this.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    we are not competing only with TATA we are upfront competing with the Hyundai/Nissan/Renault/Chevrolet/Honda/Mahindra and so many of them getting there models on the floor with all the latest features with lucrative prices, FIAT has to look at this seriously.
  9. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    An increase in 20000 to 30000 not going to make any change in people's buying power for Punto/Linea.Anyway fiat is already giving around Rs 15000 to 25000 as discount but certainly i will object it if they increase price only for making the gear shift (which Rajan mentioned)smooth because its not a feature it is something which is lacking with the car.

My brother in law recently bought a Rapid and i was just blown away after getting inside of that car and i realized why Linea is selling less than 60 units per month.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    my desires.
    1.) Bring back the build quality that FIAT had with its S10s and earlier Palio
    2.) Good 6 speed gearbox and a more powerful engine at least 1.6 (if not for the engine at least the gearbox should be better)
    3.) Better interiors better interiors better interiors.
    4.) RWD (if possible)
    5.) ABS , EBD, ESP and at least 4 airbags

OTR = 8-8.5L nothing more
    1 person likes this.