1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

what should be ideal engine rpm. (when. car is stationery)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by krishnasinh7229, Jun 28, 2012.

1. krishnasinh7229

krishnasinh7229 Timido

I recall that my 90hp punto.engine rpm was 750-800 on delivery.but now i am seeing the rpm needle at 900 to 1000.(when car is started and is stationery). Another thing i also had noticed that now the car use to run smoothly, even at 1000 rpm, in 2 & 3 rd gear.and some times i have to press clutch to slow down at corner. Because the car keeps moving even without pressing accelerator. I also observed once that in 3 rd gear with ac on; with 0 accelerator the car climbed a steep gradient without stalling of engine.

What worries me that repetitive use of clutch to break down speed would result into earlier wear of clutch? My car had done only 5k till now. No clutch or gear shifting trouble till now.

Should i go to TAS for recalibration of ideal engine rpm? Can any bro throw light on how much ideal rpm should be? Any idea?
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

Car moving without acceleration is normal in Punto.
    When you press clutch at corners to reduce speed will do opposite effect. Always choose the speed that is comfortable to you while cornering.
    Always rpm will be slightly high in cold engine and it will decrease once the engine is hot. Mine is a petrol engine. So MJD owners can give better answer.
    What you need to check is to find whether there is a increase in rpm at every speed compared to your earlier case. Then you can take the vehicle to TASS to check.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

your car is behaving normally! idle rpm should be 900 only. dont think too much..just keep enjoying it... ;)
    Theres a distinct change in the way car behaves at 5k. thats what you are experiencing.