1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What Remap means for a sedate driver?

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by vijai, Jan 13, 2015.

1. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi, those guys are in Tirupur and I could not drive down there over the weekend. They are starting from there today and promised me that they would meet me enroute to Kochi. But today I am stuck up at work and may not make it :(.
  2. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys - got the wolf remap done :). Yet to test the maps. Will update my exp in a day or two.
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Great!

Now waiting for your praises for the remap from a SEDATE driver :).
  4. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi all - initial observations after remap. Rajiv told me to use Map 3 and 4 after observing my driving style where I never crossed 80 kmph ;) . I feel the engine tune is sweet in map 4 and the car definitely feels responsive and lighter.These changes I feel could also be my imagination as I have already read the reviews and comments of others so many times :D

I yet to drive under harsh sun with full AC on in the highway with RPM crossing 2300 - This is where I use to feel the fatigue and car heavier.

I'll keep you guys posted.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Now that my friend is a good case of PLACEBO effect. :joyful: What thinks @prabhjot ?
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    haha..that's true..last week, took the car to Coimbatore - Avinashi four lane road and checked both Map 4 and the stock back to back. The difference is really evident though I didn't push the car beyond 100. I could watch with jealous how others sped past me but I wouldn't cross my 100 mark even its remapped :| man, i was so nervous. May be I should settle to be happy for the car became lighter and quicker rather than driving faster :D.
    PradeepM, 5u3zEr0, Mabams1826 and 2 others like this.
  7. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Now... What remap means to a Sedate Driver?...
    Ride safe...
    Iyu likes this.
  8. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    And here at entire forum people are loudly praising that Fiat cars are having most refined (stock) engines. Guess What will happen when it is at full load?
    In fact Fiat cars are having tiny engines. They will improve but in distant future as almost nothing has changed in Evo and Avventura except minor changes that too for the sake of counting.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @magnan, multijet2 is already there with them. That is more injection cycles, and that could possibly be great for current MJD, which could also mean more stronger built materials and tech than they currently give in India.

The refinement and power delivery for a DIESEL at such small size is really commendable, if you compare other mass market engines. You do know that current MJD can be tuned and modified by Fiat for much higher BHP and fun, but then the enthusiasts will still complain for CC/displacement and crappy Fuel Economy.
  10. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    @asimpleson - The multijet 2 was introduced in 2009. But even after 5 years no signs of introducing in India. If no body is complaining about MJD first generation, then why should Fiat worry about it ? We already know about their interest in introducing new models in india.
    asimpleson likes this.