1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What Remap means for a sedate driver?

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by vijai, Jan 13, 2015.

1. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear all

I have been reading about this remap especially Wolf Moto in various forums and people who have done it seems to be really impressed with the outcome. I think even I got bitten by the remap bug :). I own a Punto MJD 75 hp machine.

But I am not a racer not even a person who floors the pedal not even occasionally. In fact i never cross 80 in state highways and 100 in NH. Only time I get annoyed/irriatated is when AC is on and I need to overtake a fast moving vehicle, the car feels real 'heavy' and screams because of taking so much effort to overtake.

I really would like to feel the car lighter and responsive in the above situations even though I will not push the car much. If I go for remap, will I get this? Experts - pls advise.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Remap for a sedate driver = better drivability and better mileage.
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  3. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    A remap is for an enthusiastic driver. There is no point in remapping if you are a sedate driver. At low rpm it makes very little difference which is useless anyway.( I drive a remapped Getz crdi for the last 3 years).
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Beg to differ here. It means one doesn't have a necessary map for an otherwise sedate driver. Wolf offers five selectable if I am not wrong. :confused:
    PradeepM and AmeyKhedekar like this.
  5. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am confused now :(. better to go for it or not?
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It means you can go for Wolfmoto remap. Also do mention your concerns to the re-mappers and your exact expectations and driving style. They can guide you which map or all selectable maps would be best for you.

There is parallel thread of our user @Harsh, ask him how it works for his city based drive.
  7. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    perfect, thanks asimpleson. In fact, I just stumbled upon Harsh's thread as well. I'll check with him too and update you all if I get this done. :)
  8. mishers

mishers Timido

Delhi
    For a sedate it means:- ,you will no more be able to drive your car sedately any more ,you will get addicted to the extra toque and power that you will find excuses to jump on the throttle EACH and EVERY moment and get yourself kicked in the seats ,this remap will add something to your life for which you want to live again and really celebrate life that god has given to you ,i can say all this as i also used to consider myself a SEDATE driver before getting my remapped from udmotorx,it might be just 30%-40% more performance but can really REALLY FEEL it...get your car remapped eyes closed ..your way of living will change ..i bet :)
    Iyu and 5u3zEr0 like this.
  9. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    Exactly what I meant. Post remap, whatever it is, you won't be sedate anymore. Though Wolf provides multiple maps, for someone who never cross 80/100, it is 100 % waste of money.
  10. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Mishers, kgramesh. Your posts gave me both dream and reality check. I'll wait for some more input and talk to the remappers as well before I take the plunge.