1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What options for Linea owners to upgrade

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Rachit Bhatnagar, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Similar topic has been briefly discussed in FIAT monthly sales thread in couple of posts, so thought to get a detail view of TFIans on this.

These days FIAT is busy in increasing their foot prints in India before launching any more products other than Punto & Linea derivatives. In such scenario, people who are owning FIAT Linea have no options to upgrade within FIAT portfolio. If one believe in FIATs future plans Wrangler & Cherokee is on cards but I think Linea owner will not go for tough looking Wrangler & Grand Cherokee needs too much of VITAMIN-M. That means as of now there is no choice for us to remain in FIAT family. Though I'm still very much in love with my JET & for another 3-5 years she will be my highway companion.

Before putting hands on Linea T-Jet, my Wagon-R was a no non-sense point A to point B car but T-Jet taught me what are driving dynamics & road manners. Now it’s hard for me to genuinely appreciate my friend's Verna or City etc. Then this thought came to my mind, what after this? For me upgrade means anything between 12-20 lakhs or at most Rs 22 lakhs but not cars/SUVs which are more than INR 20 lakhs.
    Now I invite fellow TFIans to suggest what car are best suits on performance, safety & features rating in above mentioned price bracket. Or which is a step or two ahead in all aspects to Linea T-Jet+.
    1 person likes this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Most TFI members found XUV500 to be the most appropriate upgrade after Linea. Among sedans your options are: Cruze, Jetta, Laura and Elantra. Personally I dont like the Fluence and it doesnt sell either. I have heard from many people how their Laura owning friends were all praises for the TJET and even rated it to be more fun as compared to their Skoda Laura. Considering these facts, I would have narrowed the search down to Cruze vs XUV500.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    For me, if I have that kind of vitamin M; it will be a auto transmission cruze. Obviously, if Fiat is not launching anything in that segment.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Yes, 2014 Cruze D is great or new Octavia Sedan looks so premium too.
    Or simply good to go for XUV500. Options may change 3-4 years down the line.
    1 person likes this.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If not too keen on new cars, my choice would be a good used 328i or older E46 330i ;) .. they also depreciate like Fiats :D
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

IMO, if its an upgrade in terms of moolah, then yes XUV5oo or a Fortuner or a Skoda Yeti would fit the bill for an SUV, an used low run BMW or Audi for a sedan. But if the upgrade is purely on driving dynamics then I feel the Abarth should be the next upgrade provided Fiat brings it ASAP in any form either hatchback or Sedan. Frankly If Mini Cooper was in the price range then it would have been my choice.
  7. saptarshi.goswami

saptarshi.goswami Novizio

If you are looking for pure driving dynamics with power then in that price range I would say go for Yeti 4X4
  8. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Linea 1.3
    If you're looking for pure driving pleasure then VW Jetta 2.0L TDI (it is an Audi A4 with a VW batch) and the Skoda Octavia 1.8L DSG.

If you consider pre-owned then the Skoda Octavia vRS or the Mercedes Benz W124 (E220 petrol) and maybe Mitubishi Cedia.
  9. Saurabh Gharat

Saurabh Gharat Novizio

Linea T-Jet
    Fiat has an all ethanol engine running in Brazil which can be brought to India. Its a 1.8l 140 odd ps engine with 180odd nm torque.
    Why buy a new car, simply remap the ecu to the tune of 140ps and 250 nm torque, tire and interior upgrade, may cost you around 1.5l.
    Also there was news that Fiat shall be developing a VVT and Direct injection engine.