1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What needs to be checked Before Registering the Car?

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by sivaramks, Jun 4, 2014.

1. sivaramks

sivaramks Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,

Today I got call from SA. He informed me to come and check the car in Service Center.
    As tomorrow is a working day, it is difficult to my friend to comd and check the car.
    I am planning to go alone.
    And my friend(come with me on the day of booking) said that, they (Dealer) will provide the car in good condition only.
    And if any issue it can be corrected by visiting Service Center within warrenty period.

I have the check list published long time back.
    What are the basic things need to check?

I am not a experienced driver. Know only basic driving.

Regards,
    Sivaram.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Sivaram,

The Team fiat PDI checklist is an exhaustive one which contains most of the details to be checked before you take the delivery. But before you approve the car for registration few things to be definitely checked as below:
    1) Confirm whether the VIN no provided to you and on the car match. (VIN in Punto is in the boot area below the boot lamp). Ensure all the alphabets, numericals are same. Cross check whether the car's manufacturing is same as told by the SA
    2) Check the car for any exterior or interior defects/dents/minor scratches/paint peel off etc. Coz once you confirm the car for registration it will not be changed if you find any issues later.
    3) Check the odo, do a mental calculation as to whether the reading displayed is genuine. There should be a H symbol next to the odo readings.
    4) Check the underbody (if possible) for any deep rustings, check the tyre rims/alloys for any rusting.
    5) Check the tyres if they are too old or show sign of wear out. The spikes on the tyres should be intact if they are new tyres.

Hope this helps.
    2 people like this.
  3. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi,
    Apart from the PDI check list, check all the forms/documents for correct entry of details.
    There are chances of mistakes as most of the dealers just take the signature on the forms and fill that later on themselves.
    So chances of data entry errors are high.

Rajeev
    1 person likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Perfectly said Rajeev. Especially the RC entries and particulary the name, engine/chassis name etc. Pls ensure that the dealer RTO rep enters the details correctly in your presence. There have been numerous instances when the RC is recieved with lots of msitakes due to wrong entries.
  5. sivaramks

sivaramks Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks friends.
    I am going to meet my car today.
  6. sivaramks

sivaramks Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I Checked the Car.
    It is BJZ - Feb 2014

Two minor things I observed. SA said that he will correct it.
    Thanks for your help.