1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What might get damaged?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Dec 26, 2012.

1. While doing long drive my friend ran over a speed breaker at speeds of 90kmph.There was huge thud sound toe's were out by 6 MM

I do see right wheel is having having caster and camber is is still 0 but on positive side,I brought a new pair of struts from KHT yesterday.
    Do I also need to check lower arm? As per SA Gopal arm never gets bent in Punto or Linea,is that true statement?
    Will the replacement of struts solve the issue or do I need change the lower arm too?
    -Sat
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    livelyyoungman can answer this question exactly.. he went through the same when we were going to pune n warned us timely !! :) i think he had to change the strut mountings after that !!
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  3. Strut mounts? it doesn't get bent ,it will break if thee is any damage.
    I will check with him, i spoke to SA Gopal from concord, he said it will be Lower arm and may be strut too if there is camber.
  4. I called Concorde Mysore road and Dairy circle,Mysore road has only LH arm and ready sell over the counter and Dairy circle has both but not ready to see over counter.each arm costing Rs 2400/-
    Called up Kava he said have has both will come in loose and quoting Rs 3800/- for both,he says it is OEM but comes as loose pack.
    Can kava be dependable?

Does any one know,which is OEM spares brand for Punto.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    But is the diagnosis done that lower arm needs to be replaced?
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sat,
    About Kava very good, i had bought after market wiper stalk/headlight stalk switch assembly,but later found it was faulty after 3 weeks i called him up and asked about the change very next day he delivered other one and asked me to send the faulty back.
    Overall experience was good with Kava.
  7. I have a set of struts with me, looking at the caster SA Gopal said arm needs replacement but he said I could live with out changing the struts but there ill little tire wear a pair of struts costs less than a tire cost.

Arm needs change for sure.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Heard that those are usually reject pieces, not sure though, but could be as price difference is quite high as compared to OEM prices.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i dont think you should be worried so much unless you notice any problem while driving! castor and camber are out in most of our cars but many of us never even notice it. even in my car they are out but theres no problem while driving. just get the front toe adjusted by wheel alignment and it should be fine i believe. its not true that lower arm cannot bend. i have got lower arms inspected couple of times for any possible bends at concorde by SA khan. He shouldn't have done it if there was no possibility of bend.

about kava, reviews are mixed. i have purchased linea steel rims from them and they were original and perfectly fine. tfian jayakrishna purchased linea headlight from them but he was not satisfied with it saying moisture seeps in
    1 person likes this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Buying 1 or 2 pieces from KAVA might actually be more expensive than taking it from TASS only.
    if you add up 3800+1000 rs on transport (at least) it will be more expensive than TASS..

For people living in the far south of KAVA it is better to either buy bulk or stick to TASS