1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What is the reason & Solution to Low Oil Pressure Warning?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amar_gahir, Jul 9, 2015.

1. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    Hi Friends

I saw many people reporting the same problem but no body has revert back on how it was solved?

1. Was it just ECU error?
    2. Fuel Sensor replaced?
    3. Fuel Pump replaced?

I also got this warning the next morning i started my car the day i got my timing-chain changed. checked oil level using dipstick, it was in middle of criss-cross area. still filled with another half litre.

Did not see the problem for next 2 weeks. Suddenly it appeared yesterday when i started in the morning.

Looking for the solution here.
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    eagerly looking forward for any answers on this. got a friend of mine, with a punto 1.4 also suffering from the same issue. in addition, there is occasional lack of pulling power and not so smooth engine noise. the car hasrun only 44000 km.
  3. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Car : palio mjd, Symptom: Oil pressure light during idle . soln: It was a fake/local oil filter, changed oil filter. And it is all fine
  4. Miltz

Miltz Novizio

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    It is just an ECU error. Nothing to worry about, unless the message is continuously displayed on MID.

It comes for a flash say 2 or 3 seconds.

Happy driving.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    possible causes:

1. electrical wiring between the engine control unit and the low engine oil pressure switch
    2. ECU.
    3. Oil pressure sensor is showing signs of trouble
    4. Idle control valve clogged
    6. If you are getting oil pressure error that means that the oil pump is not delivering full pressure to keep the engine performing normally.
    Our engines are fitted with hydraulic lifters. On the head there is a oil pressure sensor. When the oil is in adequate pressure the lifters will enable working on intake and exhaust valves properly.

^^ the above might be the possibility when oil level is perfect and still you get an error. Get is checked ASAP as it can damage your engine.these shall be applicable if they check the oil pressure at idle and 4000 rpm to be 1bar and 3.5 bar. Else oil pump could be faulty.

courtesy: Service manual of GP/Previous discussion threads.
  6. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT

Do Whatever, Have a JOB card opened by the service center, for the same. This job card will come in picture, if you have major issues/replacements during the warranty period.
  7. Miltz

Miltz Novizio

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    The Oil pressure warning comes in most cases when you are in the wrong gear, low rpm, engine cannot sustain and goes OFF giving you the error on MID.

If root cause other than above then proceed as "Sujit508" recommends, will save you some trees (pink paper) :)