1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

what is the meaning of an emission test?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by theblack, Sep 5, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The way things are looking, I guess that day is not too far. Glad that I already own a bicycle and am not looking at any additional investment :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    OT: Rightly said Rajan. In China already this has become common.
    Even me too already own a cycle and used to commute to Whitefield office. Now no company for EC office :(
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Lol, the sticker indicates the month number your Certificate expires. The number is always 6 months from the month of testing = 6 month validity of the Check.

When i got my pollution check done recently, the guy was asking me to reverse the car close to his Omni, I did so and got down to see what he does. By the time i go behind the car (in like 5 sec) he is already printing the certificate.

Me : Did you place that thing in the Exhaust?
    Guy: yes Sir
    Me: I just parked my car here 5 sec ago. Did you manage to test the pollution as well as take the pic of the number plate in 5 sec?
    Guy: Yes Sir
    Me: You are god!!!

Paid 60 Rs and drove off.
    1 person likes this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I had that experience as well but a few years ago when i was a kid . So i didn't know how to speak rough and let go of it. Had it been now the story would have been different.

THis is my logic in life as well but the twist is for every 100 if you find 1 such person with the current state of affairs it wont make any difference and even if you scale up this ratio for a billion people all that one can be happy about is with numbers and that's it .
    But this is again another topic altogether.

The point is this, without any readings from a scanner i'm unable to know what my car is putting out so any real values that i should ideally adhere to are just numbers
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It is simple Sham. It is not really practical for us to get the necessary equipment and do an emission test on our vehicles. The least we can do, is to refrain from mods, that we already know will make our vehicles pollute more.

1 in 100 or 1 in a million does not really matter. It is heartening to see more bikers wearing helmets these days - mandated by law or not. How did that change come by? Awareness, maturity and most importantly, responsibility. The average road user today is far more aware than what the scenario was, say 20 years back.

My request is only this - We inherited this earth from our parents. It is imperative we protect it and hand it over to our kids, in a shape better than what we got it at. Even if that is not possible, at least at the same state as we got it. Not in a state worse than before. I have a very different theory about God, the earth and everything in it, but that is a topic for another day.

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

LOL. My experience is similar. I went to the emission testing centre and made sure the engine is warm as usually they rev the nuts off. I keep the engine at idle and get into the place, when the guy says to turn off the engine. I said it's okay and kept standing for 10 minutes while they were fiddling with the computer, suddenly came a print-out, and I was done! :eek:

Paid the money and left the place, I was happy that my engine was not red-lined in neutral though. :)